What's new

Wheat penny averages

twinsrule

Full Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
What are your averages for getting wheat pennies? I was blown away when i read about people who get them in every other roll... my average is one in every 7 to 10 rolls.
 
Upvote 0
I average 12 per box.
 
My average is about the same as Puck.....about 12-13 per box.
 
I only do handrolled and have a low average of 3-4 per $10 worth
 
I average about 10 a box.
 
6-12 per $25 box.

Personally, I'm after the IH. After you find you first wild Indian you're hooked.
 
dp, I know how you feel. With my averages, if i ever picked up a box (i do bags and rolls) Thats the kind of averages i'd get. I guess i'll keep lookin. But just think... if my averages were as good as some peoples here, i'd have 112 wheats instead of 56 right now! ;D just have to accept my averages though. :P
 
Electronova said:
12.7 wheats per box
.2 indians per box

Are you sure on that IH number? .2 INdians per box is one EVERY five boxes. ist hat how many IH you find? WOW!
 
twinsrule said:
What are your averages for getting wheat pennies? I was blown away when i read about people who get them in every other roll... my average is one in every 7 to 10 rolls.

I am at 6.3 Wheats per box this year.
 
jrf30 said:
Electronova said:
12.7 wheats per box
.2 indians per box

Are you sure on that IH number? .2 INdians per box is one EVERY five boxes. ist hat how many IH you find? WOW!

That's what I was thinking. Electronova, if you really average 1 IH every 5 boxes I'm moving into your area next week! :laughing7:
 
Well just did 2 boxes and had 6 wheats and 1 canada 1965. :(

And 2 of the wheats were torn up.....

Gotta dump these and get some more boxes quick...it's Friday afternoon...
 
OK.....Found a bag of pennies and halfway through it we are at 28 wheats, one 1943 Steel, 11 Canadians with a 1942 and a euro and panama penny. Bags are the way to go!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom