What's new

Wheat to silver coin ratio in Washington?

washingtonian

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
12,900
Golden Thread
0
Location
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I was just wondering how many wheats you find per silver coin find. In 2008 my brother and I found 37 wheats and 11 silver coins, or 3.36 wheats per silver. Last year we found 93 wheats and 15 silver coins, or 6.2 wheats per silver. And this year we've found 20 wheats and 0 silver coins lol. Anyways just wanted to see what your guys ratios are like.
 
Good question, I cannot speak for the rest of us and I'm Embarrassed to say But I would say for me the ratio is 1 silver coin to 15 Wheaties and you dont even want to know the Wheaties to clad ratio
I just keep thinking all the guys from the 80s cleaned out all the old parks, except for the rare Silver coins that show up once in a while.
 
I've dug about 6 wheats to 1 Silver (a 1945d War-nickle.)

All my best finds have been at old private homesites.

YOU HAVE TO KNOCK ON DOORS!!!!

The East Coast of the US has about twice the history as the West Coast.

You can't expect to be digging Standing Liberty Quarters and Halves around many places in Washington but I'll bet that they ARE out there!!!!

I do believe that the early detectorists cleaned out alot of obvious spots.

I have a theory about out rainfall. Coins could sink deeper here.

All my best finds were made back in Idaho while in the service.





Jim on Camano Island
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom