Wheat War # 49 Dad vs Tanner with pics

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Tanner came a across some good rolls near the end of this battle. Once again these rolls were bought $5 and $10 at at time as we look for halves. Tanner won with 26 wheats (1943 steel), 1 Bahamas star fish and a 2 cent Euro. About 6 of Tanners wheats were red but they have lots of scratches and must have been cleaned. Dad managed just 10 Common wheats. Tanner has a few more of the good rolls that appear to have the same wrappers and he hopes to "Kick Butt" in the next battle.

Keep Searching
Dad and Tanner

Halves have been kind of slow this month. We have found a lot CRH but they have giving up very few silvers.

Attachments

• wheat war 49.JPG
    wheat war 49.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 819
Upvote 0
Good finds guys!! How many cents short are yall from finishing an album?

I love these threads. What do you guys ask for in CWR's in order to maximize your finding potential? Do you just ask for CWR's or do you look for something more specific?

Keep up the great work!

beervestor said:
i found one of those bahamas star fishes yesterday are they worth keeping?

They are just worth exchange value, which is: $0.00995

mts said:
I love these threads. What do you guys ask for in CWR's in order to maximize your finding potential? Do you just ask for CWR's or do you look for something more specific?

When I stop buy a bank I will ask for $5 in cents. They often bring out a plastic tray with the rolls lined up. If they are customer rolled I will ask if they have any more. If machine rolled I say thanks and then follow up to see if they have any halves. If I end up with any old nasty rolls I will open one in the parking lot to see if is worth going back in.

It is all a matter of luck, but the more searching you do the more finding you do.

Dad

gordon and tanner said:
mts said:

When I stop buy a bank I will ask for $5 in cents. They often bring out a plastic tray with the rolls lined up. If they are customer rolled I will ask if they have any more. If machine rolled I say thanks and then follow up to see if they have any halves. If I end up with any old nasty rolls I will open one in the parking lot to see if is worth going back in.

It is all a matter of luck, but the more searching you do the more finding you do.

Dad

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back