watercolor
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 3, 2007
- Messages
- 4,116
- Reaction score
- 1,352
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Arlington Heights, IL
- Detector(s) used
- V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Had a great hunt with Kimsdad this afternoon at a new site.
It wasn't quite as old as the sites we've during the past several weeks
but it was just as rewarding.
My first three finds included a circular brass "what's it" (I have no clue what
this might be), a 1945-P War Nickel and a 1943-P Merc. . . I was happy

After about an hour of digging trash, I was walking over to where Neil was hunting
and got an "iffy" broken nickel signal that I couldn't get to repeat so I took a pass.
When I saw Neil, we both agreed that we should move on to another location. . . after
he recovered his shovel that he "misplaced"
. . . which he found 
This was a blessing in disguise because as I walked near that same tree that I had gotten
that "iffy" signal by, I now got a solid nickel signal. . . which I dug :P I'm glad I did because there
were two Buffalo's (1920 & 1927) AND
my FIRST Walker, a 1936-P!
My last two finds of the day were a 1930 Wheat and the remains of a door/trunk latch.


Thanks for looking,
watercolor
It wasn't quite as old as the sites we've during the past several weeks
but it was just as rewarding.
My first three finds included a circular brass "what's it" (I have no clue what
this might be), a 1945-P War Nickel and a 1943-P Merc. . . I was happy

After about an hour of digging trash, I was walking over to where Neil was hunting
and got an "iffy" broken nickel signal that I couldn't get to repeat so I took a pass.
When I saw Neil, we both agreed that we should move on to another location. . . after
he recovered his shovel that he "misplaced"
. . . which he found 
This was a blessing in disguise because as I walked near that same tree that I had gotten
that "iffy" signal by, I now got a solid nickel signal. . . which I dug :P I'm glad I did because there
were two Buffalo's (1920 & 1927) AND
My last two finds of the day were a 1930 Wheat and the remains of a door/trunk latch.


Thanks for looking,
watercolor

Then he gets it in his dirt pile, but not visible. "Hey Neil, come over here and swing over this pile and see what you think it is." Now I'm half expecting him to take a coffee break! I cover it with my coil and tell him it sounds like a quarter or a half. Then he gets down s l o w l y and nonchalantly runs his pinpointer around the pile for what seemed like forever. He didn't believe it himself when he saw the big shiny disc in his hand!








