when returning halfs to the bank does everyone roll them again?

THEDUKE

Feb 20, 2007
Ocean County New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/DI PRO SL
im in south east part of New Jersey in ocean county, wanted to know if most people on this board re-roll them to return them.
think I am in a good area there are a load of senior villages in my area huge one's, one even has a few banks and stores in it.
think I will try there first, never did this before will be interesting walking in the bank and asking for 500 dollars in halfs, seems like some are getting good finds.
think silver could see 20.00 per oz this year, long over due, hopefully fifty in the next few if not sooner.
well wanted to know how most return there halfs after going through them.

Upvote 0

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
roll them again here, on coin counter at my bank

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I return all of mine rolled.

OP
OP
T

THEDUKE

Feb 20, 2007
Ocean County New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/DI PRO SL
ok i thank every one for there replys don't think my bank has a hopper so I will have to roll them, will check out banks in the area if i find one with a hopper that would be nice to, but guess not that hard to roll 20 coins per roll thanks again.
really have atlantic city on the brain but if i took my wife it would be a looosing battle she would want to gamble so thats out for now unless i can sneak down there with out her knowing and come back with the halfs, its about 50 mile south of me.

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
Find a bank with a counter! if you get into this CRH you will be going through thousands and thousands of coins.
Good Luck, this is a very fun hobby with no down side.

boflexson

Jan 29, 2007
Green Bay, WI
definitely open an account at a bank with a coin counter, one with big bags for all denominations, not one that has to empty a bucket for every 200 halfs.

Your time spent re-rolling could be spent looking through more halfs. I'd get real pissed if I had to re-roll a skunk box.

Good luck, and welcome aboard.

-Adam

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
I use money bags the bank gives me. Some banks here have nicer counters then others.

Where in the heck are you guys from were the banks don't have counters? Every one around here has a counter..... and I don't exactly live in a big metropolitan area.

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
bigtime400 said:
I use money bags the bank gives me. Some banks here have nicer counters then others.

Where in the heck are you guys from were the banks don't have counters? Every one around here has a counter..... and I don't exactly live in a big metropolitan area.
After several months of searching for banks near me with counters I have found 1! only and the good news is you don't have to have an account there to return coin-now for the bad news-non customers pay 5% fee and customers with accounts pay 2%.

And this time it's not just some made up fee by angry tellers,it is spelled out on a plaque on the wall near the counting machine,which by the way is behind the tellers window,so the 1 counter I have been able to find isn't even a self serve machine like many of you have mentioned having at your banks.

So even if I was willing to pay $50 to get rid of 2 boxes,I would have to deal with a teller directly to do it,which would mean lot's of nosey questions about how I have so many of these coins,etc.

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
WOW...... where are you from? That must really suck! That is really lame that they even charge customers that....... I'm sure its because its the only one in town.

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
bigtime400 said:
WOW...... where are you from? That must really suck! That is really lame that they even charge customers that....... I'm sure its because its the only one in town.
It's not just the only one in town(next town from me,20 min drive)but it's the only one in the region! that I have been able to locate after calling many,many banks.

It doesn't make sense to me that a large majority of you guy's on this have banks with counters and I can only find 1 and they have to charge a fee. ???The banks around me will only accept small quantities of coin(under $100) and it has to be rolled.If you try to return more than that they charge a service/trucking fee. :'(

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
NO banks by me have any counters at all. I return most of mine rolled. Of course, not many rolls to be had here, so it's not much of a pain. Most I've ever got at once in halves was $210.00 worth.

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I live in southern California about 1hour north of LA. As far as I have been able to find out there are NO coin counters at any bank around here. I just reroll rejects in the rolls they came in. Halves are easy to roll. Other coins are to much bother so I just do halves.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not found a bank with a coin counter in the lobby, so I usually reroll mine if I want immediate credit. I can return them to BofA loose, but they have to send them off and it takes a few days to get credited to my account.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread