Where can I find a spring fired grappling hook?

OP
OP
Roadquest

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pyledriver,

It needs to be small enff to to strap to my back and carry, without getting caught in tree limbs
bushes and things. As i walk tru wooded ares. The lighter the hook, the less presser required to
"fire" it. Cheap is good for me, I know if your life depends on it, you should get the best. In my case,
I get the best I can afford. And make it work. I do like the idea of the pistol crossbow Monty talks about.
Do you have a picture of the g "hook" you use. I will also check Harbor Freight.
When I come up with something that works, I will share the information here with everyone. This is a
life saving peace of equipment for "treasure hunters" that get out in dangers areas, on a regular bases.
You are thinking just as I am, with the " lighter and smaller mentality.
I am yet asking for any ideas from all TreasureNet members on this.

Clayton

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I got to thinking about it and remembered that I bought the grappling hook at a gunshow! Probably not an option where you are? It's a 4 prong version that one arm can fold so it stores flat. I know it's pretty dang strong but kinda big at about 18" tall and the grappling area probably at least that across when opened. Since it stores flat it would probably work just fine strapped to your pack though! I'd have no qualms strapping it to or carrying it in my alice pack! I haven't found the exact one yet in my online searches but I'll keep you posted! I do remember it being a Chinese made product and the booth was set up with cheap samurai swords, throwing stars, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions