What's new

Where can I get this diamond detector device?

JanineSalwin

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have ordered a diamond ring using an online store as jewelrybyraphael.com first time for my boyfriend and wants the test their originality. So can I get this diamond detector device? I am from Florida, USA. Any suggestions?
 
You can buy a basic diamond tester on amazon.com for about $12-15, they generally can tell the difference between a real diamond and CZ, crystal, glass, etc. They usually CANNOT tell the difference between moissanite and diamond however. You can pay more, say $120 or so and get one that can test that difference however.

But, really the best way is to goto a jeweler and get an opinion. They can use instruments, including optical test methods that can tell you if its a real diamond, if so how many carets, and if you like they could even give you a rough grading (color, clarity, etc)......
 
What up �� there said x2!
Peace ✌
 
Hello JanineSalwin,

Welcome to the forum!

When detecting a beach or park and a “diamond” ring is found, I just bring it to a jeweler and with their experience/expertise can tell in an instant if it’s real or bling.

Regards,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom