Where did everyone go?....

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I for one like this forum and have enjoyed many conversations since I joined. We need to do a better job of keeping conversations going. I found an interesting old horse shoe at a carnival site not too far from my house. I will post a pic sometime soon. Looks old to me. has all the nails and everything.

So, here are the pics of the horse shoe from last week. Got a 15 inch coil for Christmas, could not wait to use it so....
Anyway, this shoe seems old. The nails look hand made to me. Found it about 5 inches down in a field.

Attachments

• Horse show MD Jan 24 2.jpg
    Horse show MD Jan 24 2.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Horse show MD Jan 24 1.jpg
    Horse show MD Jan 24 1.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Horse show MD Jan 24 3.jpg
    Horse show MD Jan 24 3.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
I'm actually very new here. I lurk around mostly reading threads to learn or for amusement. I post few pictures of things I find just because it could be risky to over share in some cases but I like this place, it's teaching me some valuable info.

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too. Not sure if you need to worry about oversharing. What do you think could happen?

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even gold prospecting forums have been suffering. Views on YouTube metal detecting gold nuggets keep dropping every year for even the best video makers. FB groups seem to be alive and well for all types of treasure hunting.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One only has to put the cursor over a members name/avatar.
Information about them will pop up on the last time they logged on.
If there's no information just view their messages/posts.
I have notice a large amount of members that have just disappeared over the past few years.
There has been many that have passed on, but so many of unknowns.

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even gold prospecting forums have been suffering. Views on YouTube metal detecting gold nuggets keep dropping every year for even the best video makers. FB groups seem to be alive and well for all types of treasure hunting.
interesting.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have notice a large amount of members that have just disappeared over the past few years.
Maybe they hit a big score and quietly moved to Aruba or something, (I'd rather think that than most of the alternatives...)

FinderTravis

Nov 4, 2022
British Columbia.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max international
Garrett AT Gold
Radio Shack MICRONTA 3001
AT propointer
34'' Bushpro stainless steel tree planters shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been a lurker of this site for years, but only recently joined. Better than most fb sites for the sake of way to many suggested ads, privacy concerns and spam that comes from many group pages. Is really awesome to see what others are finding around the world without having to join an umpteen number of groups! Hope this site sticks around for many years to come! Lots of great posts, content and people with plenty of experience and helpfull knowledge to boot! cheers.

Travis.

Last edited:

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I been a member for a long time also, but only in the last few years really started posting and commenting.

Folks change their mindset or move here and there, and then post few and fewer for a while. Then maybe come back and post more. It's just another cycle.

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have been a lurker of this site for years, but only recently joined. Better than most fb sites for the sake of way to many suggested ads, privacy concerns and spam that comes from many group pages. Is really awesome to see what others are finding around the world without having to join an umpteen number of groups! Hope this site sticks around for many years to come! Lots of great posts, content and people with plenty of experience and helpfull knowledge to boot! cheers.

Travis.
Good points Travis. Thanks for responding JT

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just don't plain dig much anymore. A few times a year, maybe. And that doesn't guarantee success.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions