What's new

Where do you sell

jonhls

Full Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
210
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
JUst for curiousity at what price does everyone plan to sell at.I know some will say holding forever but at some price everyone will close out thier positions.I have a few hundred ounces of sterling that will be getting sold @ 27.00.not sure yet on my 40% and 90's.I think when the shorts have to start covering thier positions its going to be very very fun and profitable to watch.Whats everyones opinion....jon
 
Upvote 0
Ebay, Craigslist. I know a lot of people who just sell to the local coin dealer......

-bigj
 
anyone been selling to coin shops? am curious to know what they are paying... am thinking about trying to sell some if it hits 25
 
I have sold to coin shops long ago.. they have to get their cut so they will be buying minimum spot price minus 20-30%. I only did it because I needed the money quick. The guy the coin shop even quoted one price on the phone and gave me a lower one when I showed up. He sensed deperation that time.. be prepared to walk out if you don't get it at what you think is reasonable.. It's better to use Craigslist & Ebay but it takes longer. Places like APMEX have reasonable rates but I haven't dealt with them personally. Mailing and sending the coins are an extra burden for me. If you just want cash quick to pay bills, etc .. consider going to a dealer. You get paid on the spot.
 
SFBayArea;
Working with Apmex is very straight-forward. I recently did a large transaction of 40%ers with them. I only wish I had waited to sell. I sold when silver reached a level that I had previously determined as my trigger point ($19.00 per ounce)......but look what has happened! In the seven weeks that have passed since I sold that lot, the silver value has gone up by a full 30%! Who would have guessed that it would have gone so high so fast!?
- Grizz
 
jonhls, I take it you want to know at what price silver will be to cause me to sell. Not sure. Maybe $30 should it get that high. I'd probably wait to see it get to $35 and then, if it drops BACK to $30, then sell on the downward. I wouldn't sell my 90's though. I sell 40's once in a while to buy pure silver rounds or bars. The 90's are almost as good as pure as they are so I just keep them. No sense taking a hit just to go from .9000 to .9999. Just my thoughts.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom