What's new

Where is all the Spanish silver

toasted

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2015
Messages
3,452
Reaction score
14,368
Golden Thread
5
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it just me or does it seem like there hasnt been much Spanish posted this year. Not much colonial at all really. I would think this is the time of year to get in the farm fields before planting and the woods before the vagitation begins to grow. Maybe too cold too much snow north but the mid atlantic has been rather mild this winter. Very few Spanish silvers posted :dontknow: but believe me Ive been trying hard myself and only found one.
 
Last edited:
I often wonder how much is there really out there? Also, how far West is it too? Obviously the East would be the highest percentage.
 
i've been asking where its at forever haha, let me know where it is and I'll be sure to post when I find it!
 
still coming up in Jersey...the more you research, the more you will find my friend...
 
still coming up in Jersey...the more you research, the more you will find my friend...

True, more work you put into anything the better the results. For some reason I can find turn of the century homes in my area, but those early cabins.....where the heck were those? Lol. I know they existed here since my area has early 1700's trade history....
 
True, more work you put into anything the better the results. For some reason I can find turn of the century homes in my area, but those early cabins.....where the heck were those? Lol. I know they existed here since my area has early 1700's trade history....

Ive found 3-4 good early sites that yielded lots of colonial copper but only three Spanish total. Finding a site loaded with Spanish is my and Im sure everybody elses dream site. Most Spanish you see posted were 1800s drops
 
Last edited:
Interesting. Makes sense though. You figure, people more than likely had older currency floating around then as well as we see today. Heck, you can easily find a 100 year old coin in your change with a little effort. There is hope then! Hahaha.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom