What's new

Where to find mammoth teeth

drharley1969

Jr. Member
Joined
May 20, 2013
Messages
40
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Was wondering if there is any possibility of finding mammoth teeth in North Dakota???? Or if someone knows where to maybe look for them......any info would be greatly appreciated
 
mammoth_info_17.gif
 
You're welcome it's a start anyway you might want to look into Hot Springs South Dakota also
 
What other places besides hot springs and where at in hot springs that u know of
 
Hot springs is not a public dig site. It is a historical site where dozens of mammoth skeleton were found in situ. U can go visit it because it is basically a museum, but you can't dig.
 
Research, research, research... I have found in all my misguided attempts at fossil hunting the one and only thing I can rely on is research. Once you get out in the 'field' as they say, you tend to meet folks and get tips here and there, but going blind into the hunt will gain little. Bottom line...refer to first 3 words in post ;) And good luck! We all want you to find one- or many! But there's a lot riding on you too!
HH! Yakker
 
Ty I know it's all about research. .....but I love going out looking blind sometimes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom