What's new

where to look

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been searching points since I was 8 years old I'm now 24. My question is where are the best places to look? I've always heard look near water and my hills. Iam from eastern NC hoping for some pointers on what to look for as far as landscape wise. I do mostly field stomping, but can you really find points in river beds or general

Johnathan Griswold
 
Upvote 0
Sorry for some reason it sent before I was done typing. So can I find them in just a general area? What is the tell tell sign for a good spot to look???

Johnathan Griswold
 
I have always had the best luck on pieces of land that are southside of a nearby water source. Look for the highpoint on the land and start from there. If the terrain has any sandy spots, make sure to focus on those areas.
 
Most of my finds are from prehistoric Indians. We have about 50 shell middens close by that produces a lot of artifacts. All my finds have been on river banks, fields next to the rivers, or creeks that are very old. If you walk river banks you can look for mussel shells that are in abundance. That gives you a clue that Indians would have used that area for food. If you find a mound make sure its not protected by the government. Most of ours are. The land around these areas are full. HH
 
So you find artifacts on the river bed???? I would have never thought to look there I would think I would be super hard to find with all the rocks

Johnathan Griswold
 
Not on the bed, the banks, fields, and high places along rivers and creeks. The erosion from the water causes a lot of artifacts to surface.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom