Where to park at night for beaches?

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good question. Our county officials seem to think they have to close beaches at night for some reason. Actually, all they can close is the parking. Be careful..some do-gooder will try to arrest you for interfering with turtles or something.

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
Im brand new to detecting and dont know what or where a 1715 wreck is(my first detector should be here friday )
I do a lot of fishing at night though and usually have to park on the street in a residential neighberhood, bar or good old wallmart and then hoof it in.
I ran into a bit of trouble on the beach in pompano(thugs) dont know if its a good idea to be in the dark with headphones on.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The county commissioners in Indian River County seem to have some control issues, and feel they must close off all parking at night, most likely to protect you from yourself. Just to the north, in Brevard County, most all public beach parking is always open with the exception of the Patrick AFB Beaches.

OP
OP
Nugget Hog

Nugget Hog

Jun 25, 2006
Lakeland, Florida
Will they lock your car in one of the parks like turtle trail, etc? The gates were still open when it was dark but didn't want to risk it.

Years ago there used to be a few places that everyone would park next to the road near the dunes but I think houses are built there now. I did find one place N. or Turtle trail on the right next to a house with a cement fence going all the way around it. The trail to the beach went right next to the fence. There were other cars parked there but I didn't want to get towed.

I don't think there are any bars or places across the street where you can park is there?

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Law Enforcement has gotten very agressive with closing down beach accesses and keeping folks off the beach during "inclement weather". During Fay, all of the Indian River County Parks were closed and I observed numerous Indian River Shores Public Safety patrol cars parked near the accesses making sure no one walked around the barricades. Most of the good "unofficial" spots to park have been put off limits by either new "No Parking" signs or the constant building of new private properties and complexes... welcome to Indian River County (A1A)... the next Jupiter Island!! Where the Rich come to play and the Poor are kept away!!!

:icon_scratch: :icon_profileleft: :icon_profileright: :icon_pirat: :thumbsup:

Happy Hunting... Phips

Oh and yes, Nugget Hog... if they can't locate you in the immediate area of the beach access, they will either lock your car in and issue you a citation when you return or impound your vehicle and issue you a citation/and a tow bill/and an impound charge... so don't do it man... not worth it... unless you can find a really sweet pile of goodies on the beach to justify it... :icon_king:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread