Where’s this hobby going, the future of metal detecting.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Location is one thing, yet thus hunt was probably one of the most trashy sites that I have detected in years.

Filled the pouch with can slaw, tin foil trash.
There was good mixed with dirty.

The fact I have 10,000+acres of permissions helps with where to go in a moments notice.
Your a lucky person with permissions

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your a lucky person with permissions
I don't think it has anything with luck actually.
It's just the way a person asks, then respects that permission.
It's when the permission approaches me and says you can detect my property anytime you like, that's even better.
Then I know that they've checked out my qualifications for being on their land.

OP
OP
J

Jollyrodger1

Apr 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends, todays world is more reluctant, reserved, they don’t understand the hobby, and if they give you the opportunity to explain then maybe, anyhow it’s a chance you have to take, I can take a no, but not get off my property etc

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good points, what we appreciate as old colonial and earlier things that we are hope to find, are long gone as far as detection a foot or so deep, talking detector terms, this is much different than items hidden in the depths, cave inside trees or elsewhere, old items are still the best, it makes you appreciate what the situation was and the titanic struggles these real people had, again it wasn’t long ago , what 3 generations.
I would have to debate how deep stuff actually goes, if it's a location that DOESN'T get plowed or turned, do the targets really get much deeper than 12-15 inches ? I know places that were bulldozed of the top 20 inches and you find nothing... So if a site is cleaned of targets to 12-15 inches, I wonder how much more is actually there. I would debate that MOST targets are within that range and that whatever is left there will come a time when people will give up trying to find anything else in a given location ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread