which at coil to use hunting old 1900 home site and in which order?

maxxkatt

Jul 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have exclusive permission on two sites with two homes with early 1900 ear homes still standing. One is 1 acre with one home and the other is 6 acres with home and old barn and foundations of old out buildings.

I have an AT Pro and am wondering which coil to use first. I am thinking about using the Garrett 5x8" coil first to clean up the easy finds and trash and then go back over with the Garrett 8 x 11" coil to find the deeper targets.
The question is does this coil selection process make sense?

Also any other helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

Upvote 0

RAMA

Feb 8, 2017
BC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMAX,AT PRO International X 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would make sense. Suggestion, grid off an area of x amount of square feet (GPS or stakes) use the 5 x 8 first and go in for the kill with the 8 x 11.

I will be using a GPS this year since stakes or ribbons are more visible to the nosy .
Ray

RAMA

Feb 8, 2017
BC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMAX,AT PRO International X 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have exclusive permission on two sites with two homes with early 1900 ear homes still standing. One is 1 acre with one home and the other is 6 acres with home and old barn and foundations of old out buildings.

I have an AT Pro and am wondering which coil to use first. I am thinking about using the Garrett 5x8" coil first to clean up the easy finds and trash and then go back over with the Garrett 8 x 11" coil to find the deeper targets.
The question is does this coil selection process make sense?

Also any other helpful suggestions will be appreciated.
Would make sense. Suggestion, grid off an area of x amount of square feet (GPS or stakes) use the 5 x 8 first and go in for the kill with the 8 x 11.

I will be using a GPS this year since stakes or ribbons are more visible to the nosy .
Ray

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would use your smaller coil in the areas within 10' of foundation or existing walls. Most likely lots of rusty nails you will need to try to snip good signals around. Further from the foundations and walls I would go with the deeper coil. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions