Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would consider the Nokta Fors Gold.... It is a great gold detector.....

Chris R

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold nuggets or gold jewelry? If jewelry I would go with the MXT Pro for sure. If nuggets I would get a dedicated nugget machine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your not looking for gold nuggets keep in mind no detector specializes in just finding gold.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I find that most junk (tabs, bottle caps, etc) does reside in the gold range. But don't know of any detector that can truly ID between the two all or even most of the time. A tab and gold ring can appear exactly the same depending on depth, position, etc. Of course, if it were easy, everyone would have "a" or "that" detector.

Both machines are beyond my expertise. And I've heard great experiences with both.

Now, that's no help at all, is it?:BangHead:

Fletch78

Aug 1, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Currently Minelab Gp Extreme, MINELAB GT, American Gold Striker , and Sovereign Elite ! PREVIOUSLY Explorer XS, Whites GMT, Fisher Gold Strike, , Whites XLT, Whites DFX, Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For gold ! Whites GMT any day.

OP
OP
G

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would consider the Nokta Fors Gold.... It is a great gold detector.....

thank you so much treasure hunter for your input i have been way leaning towards the fors gold for awhile and just saw these other machines and was curious what more experienced peeps thought i really appreciate your input sir!

OP
OP
G

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold nuggets or gold jewelry? If jewelry I would go with the MXT Pro for sure. If nuggets I would get a dedicated nugget machine.
mainly gold nuggets if i find anything else so be it lol thanks chris for your input i really appreciate it :)

OP
OP
G

glocks&gold

Feb 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I find that most junk (tabs, bottle caps, etc) does reside in the gold range. But don't know of any detector that can truly ID between the two all or even most of the time. A tab and gold ring can appear exactly the same depending on depth, position, etc. Of course, if it were easy, everyone would have "a" or "that" detector.

Both machines are beyond my expertise. And I've heard great experiences with both.

Now, that's no help at all, is it?:BangHead:
it was alot of help lol and i appreciate your input phantasman!

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would consider the Minelab Xterra 705 with the higher frq shooter coil.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For gold nuggets, a dedicated gold machine is the best choice. Among them, it will depend on the area, the type of gold, depth, and severity of the surrounding ground mineralization.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold bug pro, F-19 or G2+ would be 3 others to look at. (From the "other" Fletch)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread