What's new

Whippet Emblem

mykee1966

Greenie
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Ok this is probably an easy one but I can't find anything on the internet that resembles this emblem. What I have is a heavy brass Whippet enblem that measures 2 5/8" at widest point & 2 3/8" in height. The back has a small threaded stud attached & THE D.L. AULD CO mark. The top is concaved in a little bit like its bent but a believe it was made this way to fit tight to whatever it attaches to.
My question is does this have to do with the Whippet car back in the late 20's or something else entirely? It doesn't match anything I find on them. The site I found this at I was told was an orchard back in the 1800's. In this field I've found large cents in the 1830's to more modern things that date in the mid 1900's.

Tracy
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1087.webp
    IMG_1087.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_1086.webp
    IMG_1086.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 385
Could be off a Whippet bicycle.............
 

Attachments

  • whippet.webp
    whippet.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 375
Upvote 0
mick56 said:
Could be off a Whippet bicycle.............

Not sure where it would mount on a biycycle but you never know.

Thanks,
Tracy
 
Upvote 0
mick56 said:
or a Whippet automobile.

That was my original thought when I found it but all the emblems I have found on them are different. And even the way the "W" is seems to not be the same.

Thanks,
Tracy
 
Upvote 0
chipveres said:
According to www.worthpoint.com , you have a grille badge from a Whippet automobile. They have a picture that matches exactly.

Chip V.

Thanks for the ID Chip. I thought thats what I had but could not find anything that matched to confirm. I don't know how you found that. You would not believe how many pages on Google I went through with no luck.

Tracy
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom