What's new

Whistle ID

FunWithTreasure

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
783
Reaction score
347
Golden Thread
0
Found this whistle today. I was wondering if anyone could date it and maybe a use? I know what a whistle is used for but do you think it was specific, Like a security guard whistle, fire man whistle, etc...
 

Attachments

  • 12.webp
    12.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 13.webp
    13.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 14.webp
    14.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 313
  • 15.webp
    15.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 12.webp
    12.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 13.webp
    13.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 14.webp
    14.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 304
  • 15.webp
    15.webp
    9.9 KB · Views: 297
I found one a couple years ago and posted it on here. I think it was ID as a pewter whistle and highly collectable
 
Upvote 0
lumbercamp said:
I found one a couple years ago and posted it on here. I think it was ID as a pewter whistle and highly collectable

Yes, they ARE pewter whistles--and they are pretty darned valuable. I'd say your find is worth at least a hundred bucks--maybe as much as three hundred.

They were frequently used by militia troops.


http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,139346.0.html



Congratulations, and HH,



Buckles
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom