white eagle spectrum how can a detector this old be so good ?

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i have the etrac and silver umax as my main machines.

got the eagle spectrum at auction for 38 dollars.

hmmm....1991 by whites as she powers up. lets see what this ol dinosaur can do

geez she run smooth...ez ground balance....nicer one than the tesoro smooth....silent search where the signal comes thru or it dont without the tesoro constant chatter......great display...vdi number...signigraph and in english display of probable target quarter ,dime/ penny,nickel/ring....PLUS finds nickels reliably without digging many tabs. good depth WOW

BIG drawbacks are its monstrous size and thirst for batteries.

from what ive heard this is an early version of the xlt. are the xlt as good

or better than this.

the etrac is king on deep coins but seems weak on gold.

is this eagle hot on gold jewelry. ? if so i should have a gas cause it sure finds them nickels. and nickels are said to equal gold eventually .

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the one I had was very good on gold. Just playing around, I laid my wedding flat and it had no problems. I laid it on edge and had to be right on top of it to pick it up, VDI was all over the place, picked it up much better in all metal mode.

Other than the weight, I loved that detector though. Hit on everything else great, ID was accurate for the most part, depth was good and pinpointing was super easy.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
I still have my old Eagle II SL 90 and I find more with it than I do with my newer Eagle Spectrum.
My mom has the XLT and my Eagle out performs it too.
If you will put a good program in it like one of Daryl Townley's, and really learn the machine, I am sure that you will be very happy with it. :thumbsup:

If not, let me know if you want to sell it. ;D

Timberwolf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread