udigithemost

Jan 21, 2012
NOR CALI
Detector(s) used
Whites 600 Di Pro SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's 6000 Di Pro SL

Picked up a 6000 Di Pro at a yard sale for $100.00 bucks, have been reading the manual , tested it out today and it's looking like a big learning curve ahead of me, not to much on youtube as far as help vids......It's going to take some time...Any ideas on the learning curve???????? Thanks in advance....Tony out of Shasta county..

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: White's 6000 Di Pro SL

I have one. Bought it years ago. A very good, high dollar machine in it's day. It's a good machine, and I've found a lot of good stuff with mine. The learning curve is pretty simple. Do the ground balance and start swinging. The trigger is for pinpointing. I had some problems there, and dug some large holes. The purchase of a pinpointer might help you, it sure did when I got my first one. Discrimination causes the signal to break up when you are over a trash target. I found that unless you are just sick and tired of digging trash, dig it. I've had good targets close together sound like the signal is breaking up, and had I not dug I would have never known. Learn the meter as best you can also, it will tell you a lot. That's a real good machine, it was Whites top of the line back in the analog days. It's very easy on batteries. I still have mine, and I'm not going to part with it any time soon, even though I have an MXT and a DFX.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

They were a good machine in their day, you will be hard to find a similar detector that will compare to it. The machine is quite easy to learn, you won't be disappointed.

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i bought my 5900 for $75.00 back about 15 years ago.... great machine...mine has a quick start menu on the under side....turn all knobs to the P setting and your ready to go.....for best results you will want to ground balance 1st...once you learn to ground balance the rest is all trial and error...if you work parks alot you may want the 5.3in coil...always fill your holes....happy huntin....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's a very good detector even by today's standards. It's only drawback is it's weight and battery consumption.

The instructions are printed right on the bottom. Turn it on and scan the ground for a clear patch without any targets (the hardest part). Set the ground balance, then flip the switch away from auto-track. If you are around a lot of iron and junk it will be re-sampling over those targets and throwing off the real ground balance.

Pinpointing is dead one, and depth is decent. For $100 you got a great machine.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Not much of a learning curve at all. Start with the presets and go. Ground balancing is the key.

Still have mine and still use it from time to time. For a hundred bucks you got a great machine. You can still get different coils for it too.

Hardest part is identifying the different sounds it makes but you'll get a good grasp on that after a few hours of use.

Al

doodlebug

Mar 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I inherited the White's 6000 Di Pro SL and would like to know if it can be used on the beach. I live in Daytona and I don't know where to go other than the beach. Any help would be appreciated.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

doodlebug said:
I inherited the White's 6000 Di Pro SL and would like to know if it can be used on the beach. I live in Daytona and I don't know where to go other than the beach. Any help would be appreciated.

Keep it in the dry sand and it should do fine.

doodlebug

Mar 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ok thank you...i was hoping I could go in the wet sand where the towel line is but I'll go out and give the dry sand a try thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread