Whites Classic II SL

M

mike_n_nc

White's Classic II SL

Hello Everyone,
I am new here to the forum and somewhat of a newbie to detecting. I bought this Classic II new, several years ago and have had alot of fun with it and have found quite a few coins and rings with it. I tend to detect sporadically, where I detect alot for a few weeks then not touch it again for a few months. Anyway, the bug has kinda bitten again and I was wondering if there are any improvements or mods that I can do to my classic II to improve performance? Is it possiblre to get a better coil for it and if so, what would you recommend? I tend to mainly coinshoot at local parks and occaisionally at home sites.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Re: White's Classic II SL

If the coil has a screw type connector you should get the Black Max 5.3 or Bullseye (6 inch) coil for it.

You will find more coins ;D

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage

Dimeman said:
If the coil has a screw type connector you should get the Black Max 5.3 or Bullseye (6 inch) coil for it.

You will find more coins ;D
I'm not sure but I don't think those coils will work on the Classic II. I think they will work on a Classic III.
HH, Mike in NJ

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.

Theres a loop cross reference here:
http://www.metaldetectorsequipment.com/metaldetection10.htm

But, as Mike indicated there doesn't appear to be any that will work on your machine. (At least not without modifications and thats assuming the wiring was the same.)

They also have replacement loops and loop covers on that page, for those who might like to make thier own loops, but thats not for the novice.

F.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT

As noted ; you're stuck with the one loop. Not sure if the II can be modified or not , but since you have your interest back just go out and have fun with what you have. If you really do want to get more serious then upgrade. 8)

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage

TonyinCT said:
As noted ; you're stuck with the one loop. Not sure if the II can be modified or not , but since you have your interest back just go out and have fun with what you have. If you really do want to get more serious then upgrade. 8)
You can also use the older Blue Max 256 11" coil. I have one and it works fine. You can modify the the Classic II to accept the newer coils but you won't be able to go back to 6B coils after the mod is done. Hope this helps.
HH, Mike in NJ

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.

mike_n_nc said:
Hello Everyone,
I am new here to the forum and somewhat of a newbie to detecting. I bought this Classic II new, several years ago and have had alot of fun with it and have found quite a few coins and rings with it. I tend to detect sporadically, where I detect alot for a few weeks then not touch it again for a few months. Anyway, the bug has kinda bitten again and I was wondering if there are any improvements or mods that I can do to my classic II to improve performance? Is it possiblre to get a better coil for it and if so, what would you recommend? I tend to mainly coinshoot at local parks and occaisionally at home sites.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

So I was wrong. Check my last post here:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,66232.msg547542.html#msg547542

F.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread