Whites Coin master Gt

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi
Just picked up a White's Coin master Gt as a back up detector and to teach my friends how to hunt with. Any tips from you treasure hunters out there on the Coin Master Gt? Special settings? Any help will be appreciated

Don't use any discrimination, set it to mutli tone for discriminate and all metal mode. The low tone indicating iron is very helpful as the halo effect will dive you nuts if you can't hear the fact it is a nail.. I.E. Nail tone, followed by a broken high tone.. if you discriminate out the iron tone you will be constantly going back to recheck a high tone that is not a good target.. If you could hear that low tone followed immediately by the high you don't need to recheck it..
This machine is very easy to use, but I would suggest reading the manual, hunting with it, and reading the manual again. If you are not used to a multi tone it may take some getting used to.. What someone would call a rough or jumpy tone on a single tone machine will be a multi tone on the GT .. Depth is accurate for coin sized targets and the VDI is fairly accurate to about 6" depending on your soil.. A standing coin will be multi tones and only hit one way.. but that is the same for any machine I think..
Make sure you are in multi tone for allmetal makes pinpointing a snap.
I am very interested in now the GT stands up against the ATP.. Please do post your findings after 3 or 4 uses.

Oh, one thing to keep in mind, unlike the ATP the GT has a concentric coil so the field of view into the ground is a cone and will be deepest only in the center unlike the DD on the ATP. You need to overlap by 60-75% each swing if you want full coverage the full depth..
If you have never read this article I would highly recommend it as it has helped me a lot to understand what is under the coil.. http://metaldetectingworld.com/metal_detector_search_coils.shtml
Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, it will be hard to put down the AT PRO. But I want use the GT so I know what it will do and can teach others how to use it and metal detect.

hi i just got the GT as well my first real outing with it i was in a real trashy area and it was going ballistic, once i got it to calm down i found an old abandoned fuel oil tank lol dug over 12+ inches haha but i did also find a dime at least 2 inches down which is what was indicated on the machine.

Thanks for the link. I've got it bookmarked and I'm going down to get some silicone. Later Clyde

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back