Whites coin shooting videos on their home page....

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
White's coin shooting videos on their home page....

It was amazing to me that when I went to White's videos on the TDI for coin shooting at White's Electronics main detector sales page that the 3 videos were my videos. White's never notified me that they were using them from youtube nor did they offer me a gift certificate for their using them for their demonstration. In the past, they normally did so. However, I do not mind White's using them because for 25 years I have only used White's detectors and am proud to be able to contribute to their success. They are quite welcome to use them. Their service department is second to none and they will back up their products with more than words. :thumbsup:....jim

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Re: White's coin shooting videos on their home page....

That is surprising that you did not receive anything. As you said they make great detectors and have excellent service. If nothing else you can be happy that they think enough of your clips to add them to their website which is an honor itself. Congrats :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
arizonaames

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

After pondering the fact that White's did not have the decency to let me know that they were using my videos on youtube for commercial purposes and yes, since youtube is a public place for the general public including White's Electronics, I have deleted the videos from youtube.

zman365

Greenie
Mar 27, 2011
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
White's V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Your video's are just that. Your's. You have a copyright to the material in the video and it is unlawful for anyone (including White's) to use your material for any commercial purpose without your release of interest. You might want to drop a note to Whites and inform them that they have an obligation to request and obtain your permission to use copyrighted material.

Sometimes, just a phone call can solve a problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread