What's new

Whites coinmaster on a beach

Coffeemates

Greenie
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
White's coinmaster on a beach

We are planning several weekend trip to Florida this summer. I only have my White's coinmaster. Can I use it on a beach? ANyone know of any problems with the sand or shallow water?
Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Re: White's coinmaster on a beach

We give you permission to use it. Now have at it.....


LOL It will do fine in the dry sand. The wet sand will make you turn down the sensitivity a bit because even with the newer machines that are not made specifically for beach hunting, you get lots of feedback in wet sand at normal settings and above. I would drop it to about half and try it. If you are getting lots of noise, just keep turning it down until the chatter goes away. The machine will still be somewhat deep.

Good Luck
 
Re: White's coinmaster on a beach

WHITES , good machine ,I have a mxt 300 i use it at the beach , I do well with . Don't get the control box wet though ,,, :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Guzz
 
Re: White's coinmaster on a beach

Depending on which coinmaster you have, the early models were BFO machines and loved chains, something alot of later machines do not see.
So yes i would try it out.

I still have an early coinmaster and it finds chains like nothing else on the dry sand.
 
Re: White's coinmaster on a beach

I want to make a suggestion, please. Keep the land-based detectors away from salt water. I know everyone claims to have a waterproof coil. But one slip of the hand and it's all over. Plus, the frequency of most land-based detectors is too high to cope with salt wet sand anyway. So use your Coinhunter where the sand is dry and save yourself a world of grief.

Chip V.
 
coinmaster on a beach

We are planning several weekend trip to Florida this summer. I only have my White's coinmaster. Can I use it on a beach? ANyone know of any problems with the sand or shallow water?
Thanks

yes my mate uses his normal coinmaster on a beach and has no probs still finds stuff any chatter just turn sens down a bit but hes ok normally on wet sand and dry. giv yours a go.:thumbsup:
 
Works great on dry sand. With wet sand you will have way too many false positives. Don't bring it off the dry.

Crispin
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom