What's new

Whites DFX in shallow water

debrown122

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I currently have a Whites DFX and was wondering if any hunts shallow water and has any advice. Should I avoid getting the housing wet? How far out at low tide? Etc.

Thank you!
 
Upvote 0
DFX is not designed for water. Do not get the housing wet. Sounds like you need to get a water machine. XCAl by minelab or a White's PI. Tesoro Sand Shark is good too. You can use DFX on the dry sand, but even then it may act a little sketchy because of minerals. HH GFP
 
I own a DFX, and it does have trouble balancing in salt water. I've used it extensively in fresh water shallows with excellent results. My oldest relics have come from 1-2 feet of water. But don't get the upper housing wet

HH
-GC
 
Thank you!

Sounds like time to do some shopping
 
i like using my etrac on the dry and wet sand and the excal in the surf, good luck deciding
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom