What's new

"Whites" metal detector company is the bomb!

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2010
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
1,209
Golden Thread
1
Location
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"White's" metal detector company is the bomb!

When I first found out that I was coming here to this Caribbean Island I told my wife that there was a huge potential for finding good stuff in the water and that I really needed a water proof metal detector. When I told her how much it cost she said "okay". She's a real sweet heart.

I ordered a Whites BH ID 300. It served me well and I found a butt load of stuff. About 8 months in the rod became really loose and when I called them to get a replacement they just asked what my address was and sent me a new rod.

A couple years into this water detecting thing I realized that I needed a second machine. I really liked the Garrett's Seahunter MK II and the rest was history. The simplicity and depth of the machine in this environment is awesome.

A few months back I thought that I would break out the BH for diving. I thought that the 12" coil and lights would be perfect for shallow dives. When I got it out I found that the head phone connections to the head harness had come apart. ???

I sent the machine in and asked that they replace the headphones and check the integrity of the machine since it has sat idle for awhile.

I got the phone call last week and they said it cost $166.00 for the repairs. I was good with that and the other day I got it back in the mail.

Not only did they replace the headphones, they replaced the control box and the coil!

White's rocks!!!
 
Upvote 0
Nice, one of my mounts on my BHID broke, I would like to do it myself, but for that, I might just send it in...
 
With respect to your BHID, if you are talking about one of the headphone mounts (the sliders) just contact them and they will send you a few free of charge. White's is very impressive with respect to their customer service.
 
I did e-mail them last week and haven't heard back yet...
 
Check your PM for the POC who helped me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom