What's new

White's Surf PI Dual Field Metal Detector

OBXmetalDet

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2019
Messages
381
Reaction score
281
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Aside from this website where else can you buy this detector? I don't see it on Amazon or the White's website.

2. Can you break down the shaft to a shorter length for scuba diving and underwater? Can you use after market carbon fiber shafts?

3. According to the link above, no volume control. This sucks. What if the volume is too loud for me. What would I do?

4. It weighs 8.4 lbs. That's a lot. Is this still a problem when doing scuba?

5. How well does this detect on the beach (dry sand and wet sand)?

6. How well has this detector worked for you?

7. Based on your experience what are the pros & cons?
 
Upvote 0
1. Aside from this website where else can you buy this detector? I don't see it on Amazon or the White's website.

2. Can you break down the shaft to a shorter length for scuba diving and underwater? Can you use after market carbon fiber shafts?

3. According to the link above, no volume control. This sucks. What if the volume is too loud for me. What would I do?

4. It weighs 8.4 lbs. That's a lot. Is this still a problem when doing scuba?

5. How well does this detect on the beach (dry sand and wet sand)?

6. How well has this detector worked for you?

7. Based on your experience what are the pros & cons?
Whites is no longer in business 🤷🏼‍♂️ So I’m not sure which “Whites Website” you are referring to…
 
  • Like
Reactions: OBN
I had one, liked it better than the Garret Infinium. Still not enough to where I liked using it, noisy threshold and I felt deeper then the Sand shark and Sea Hunter but not by much. Coil was floaty, buoyant so much it requires weight to keep it down when in the water. I hated changing batteries for you had to open the main control box and make sure it was sealed perfect when closing. I did end up fixing that issue by doing a external battery modification, using a Excalibur battery using a Li-Po battery. When the Fisher AQ came along I GAVE it away to a friend.
And it does have a volume/threshold control on the main control box but not the head phones.

Hopefully Nokia has talked of a PI soon, last 2 years anyway. You might want to watch for that..
 
Whites PI Pro made me famous :wav:
I ignored the presets they recommend and set it up for maximum
performance - (lost depth at their presets)
1999-2004 sil.gold.webp

this is mostly from 1999 to 2004 - Id say maybe 90% was from water and using PI = gold & silver
think i got my CZ20 in 2005 - been using CZ21s till present
 
Whites PI Pro made me famous :wav:
I ignored the presets they recommend and set it up for maximum
performance - (lost depth at their presets)

this is mostly from 1999 to 2004 - Id say maybe 90% was from water and using PI = gold & silver
think i got my CZ20 in 2005 - been using CZ21s till present
The Dual Field was a totally different machine, the PI Pro was a much quieter machine. I know after the Dual Field came out many were look for the PI Pro coils to put on there Dual Fields.

Casper were you ever on The Ring daddy page? Seems I remember you were very early on when I first started detecting.

Look what I found saved..
2006 casper.webp
{236289FF-060C-4AA4-B64D-49DB601BA048}.webp

2007 ring daddy. I do have the final count for the top 5 that year around here some where. When the place was closing I save all my post and a few random pages.
{EAC103E2-DF92-4A6B-9262-00920D068F93}.webp


Crazy how many names you never see any more, time sure waits for no one.

Found that year, I guess Ring daddy started in 2007?

{3334F239-6A0B-4878-AF28-C5054AE096C6}.webp
 
Last edited:
Whites is no longer in business 🤷🏼‍♂️ So I’m not sure which “Whites Website” you are referring to…
Huh? What happened? I thought there were well established. When did this happen?
 
Whites PI Pro made me famous :wav:
I ignored the presets they recommend and set it up for maximum
performance - (lost depth at their presets)
View attachment 2216569
this is mostly from 1999 to 2004 - Id say maybe 90% was from water and using PI = gold & silver
think i got my CZ20 in 2005 - been using CZ21s till present
That is impressive. So if I wanted to detect underwater looking for gold/silver coins and rings you would recommend a PI detector? If so, which one would you recommend since Whites is not in business any longer?
 
Last edited:
That is impressive. So if I wanted to detect underwater looking for gold/silver coins and rings you would recommend a PI detector? If so, which one would you recommend since Whites is not in business any longer?
PI machine are not for everyone - you have to dig it all and most do not want to
I start out with an all metal land machine at age 12 - so it came easy for me to dig
everything. I learned my machine so well that i could tell you by sound what targets were
and how deep. Got my 1st discrim. one in 1992 and got my first water PI in 92 also
I used to go to plenty of beaches through the 90's that guys with discriminators said
they "cleaned out" and I cleaned up by going down deeper and by finding good targets
under junk they missed
 
That is impressive. So if I wanted to detect underwater looking for gold/silver coins and rings you would recommend a PI detector? If so, which one would you recommend since Whites is not in business any longer?
I dont use a PI anymore - last time was maybe 10 yrs ago and i did get gold
but Ive been using Fisher CZ20 (no longer available)
I own 3 CZ21s and I hunt 99% in All Metal mode with them -Im the last of a dead breed that
uses CZ water machine as his primary machine
 
I dont use a PI anymore - last time was maybe 10 yrs ago and i did get gold
but Ive been using Fisher CZ20 (no longer available)
I own 3 CZ21s and I hunt 99% in All Metal mode with them -Im the last of a dead breed that
uses CZ water machine as his primary machine
we still have several here that use them, OCCop, Capt Thom, Big Dave (last I heard), Clair, Sandy and...... the Buckmaster brothers, they are close to 80. We have one hunter who is 81 who uses a CZ6? Water proofed...which was the cz20s daddy,,,
Many still have them but you will be seeing several younger ones using Nox's now. And me, Sold my Cz20 many years ago.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom