Whites new SST metal detector

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up the new whites sst model metal detector, A Jimmy Sierra machine made by whites for all his dealers on the west coast, its a pretty easy machine to use, its an all metal machine that has all the good parts from 3 of whites better machine, it has the mxt processer, the gmt ground balance and the m6 7 tones ID and LCD, all it has on it is a gain knob, I took it out to my test garden and with the gain set at preset it picked up all my targets at 6", the dime was kind of faint, I run the gain up pass the preset tell it was unstable and turned it down one click, it hit all the targets real hard and loud.I think it would hit at 8" to 10" easy. It was easy to tell the iron from the good targets with the tones and with the LCD target ID numbers and icons, and the depth meter was pretty much right on.I don't think it would work vary well in trashy parks, as you would hear all the sounds, I think its more of a coins and jewelry machine in places with bad soil, like out here in the gold country.

Eueka Man

Aug 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites SST

:thumbsup:I have had one since day one. I mainly search parks in the SF Bat Area and have had great results. It seems to find silver and gold with no problem amongst the aluminum and iron. I still dig most hits except for the strong iron unless in a known relic area, although I have found 6 nice folding knives with it. I tend to stay out of the water but it works well on the dry beach fresh or salt water areas. No problem in fresh but noisy in salt water. It is a machine good for the experienced as well as great machine for the beginner. Signals, depending on soil and moisture are strong and deep. It's nice to have a value as well as possible description of a target. It will not disappoint in it's ease of operation and results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread