What's new

Whites TDI SL Ground Balance

ATPRoDon

Full Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
132
Reaction score
88
Golden Thread
0
Location
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the manual for the TDI SL in Quickstart it says you must be in ALL to ground balance. Yet on the bottom of the Metal detector it says for coins to be in HIGH. So do you ground balance in ALL first then switch to HIGH? (Notice in HIGH doing an air test no nickels detected, so am I ruling out small gold rings as well?)

Cheers,

Don
 
You can turn the machine on in all and ground balance. When you select high, you will only find the high conductors. What I have noticed with ground balance on, it greatly reduces your depth. I hunt with mine with the ground balance off. Most of the time I can hear what iron sounds like. A nice coin signal will have a "woo woo" signal and not be choppy. Nice and smooth. This is on a TDI standard.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom