What's new

Who Collects Black Glass?

A Carlsbad bottle . . . can you tell us something about the bottle? I am not familiar with the brand(?) . . . manufacturer(?) . . . place(?) . . . content(?).

Here's one that I favor, one of Dr. Townsend's early sarsaparillas:
View attachment 2103906View attachment 2103907
This green glass bottle is about 10 inches tall and a bit over 3 inches round. I believe it contain bitters This one is in excellent condition . I fact when I first found it I assumed it was a reproduction and not old at all There are no cracks, chips or any damage at all The texture is wavy and it has a few small air bubbles in it
 
Beautiful example, Harry.
Thank you, sandchip!
Here's one I like:
ale_bottle_black.webp
 
Harry Now that is a cool looking set Did you dig them ? Or did you buy them either way they look nice together
 
This is an old thread, but then all the bottles hearin are old! New collectors, new collections, more black glass bottles. Show us! This case bottle glass is loaded with air bubbles.

View attachment 2266362
I would describe that as a universe of bubbles. Love the crude top!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom