What's new

who do i thank

aa battery

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
10,646
Reaction score
3,259
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im american native and white . Well pilgram guess some have lost the meaning.:occasion14:
 
thank the randomness of the universe for your existence. :dontknow:
 
I am a mix of Italian and German immigrants, British colonists, revolutionary war patriots runaway slaves, American settlers and native Americans. The common theme amongst all of my ancestors is that they took enormous risks, fought hard for what they believed in and to better their lives, and for the most part lived very long lives, maybe because they were too stubborn to die. I believe that those who have gone before us shepherd us through this life and share their strength with us, and for that I am very thankful.
 
I thank God that I was born here and not some third world sh!thole country, and that I have a family with food on the table and a roof over my head. God bless America! Jmho.
 
Ahh hell, thank ME! And you know what? You're Welcome! :occasion14:
 
ok my white side came here from England in 1685. A minister that got away from being told no your wrong. I am also Italian because of wine. :laughing7: The american native side happened in Iowa when great grandma 1889 was raped by a drunk man of native decent. I am thankfull but a little crazy. 8-)
 
My mother always claimed that we were descendants of Roger Williams (her maiden name was Williams). Could be, since I know for a fact that my family has lived in Rhode Island for at least 200 years. I've never been able to trace my genealogy back that far, but it would definitely explain my rebellious personality! LOL!
 
I got the chance to travel the world ,, courtesy of the USN. By the age of 22, I had circumnavigated the globe 2 1/2 times. I did get to see.some beautiful parts of the world. I also saw how people lived. Sometimes, not too nice. They didn't have a choice or the opportunity that we have in this country. I have been blessed. I lived long enough to retire and to start enjoying the "Golden Years"
Now it is all about an individual's health and quality of life. As long as I have that, there is nothing to really complain about. So, yes I am grateful.
 
Last edited:
I thank my wife.
Best thing that ever happened to me.
 
My mother always claimed that we were descendants of Roger Williams (her maiden name was Williams). Could be, since I know for a fact that my family has lived in Rhode Island for at least 200 years. I've never been able to trace my genealogy back that far, but it would definitely explain my rebellious personality! LOL!

If you want to find out "what you are" and even find a bunch of relatives, do a DNA test from Ancestry.com. They not only tell you your ethnic makeup but match your results against everyone else who has taken the test and give you a list of who you are related to and how close the relationship is. We knew my father was Native American but nothing else despite years I spent working on family genealogy. Took the test, and within weeks I had gone back a couple hundred years in his family history.
 
Last edited:
I thank my parents for not drowning me at ages five, eight and eleven like I deserved.

But I'm still searching for this "white entitlement" line I stand in to get all the goodies associated with being handed out a good living work free because my ancestors came from Northern Europe.
 
If you want to find out "what you are" and even find a bunch of relatives, do a DNA test from Ancestry.com. They not only tell you your ethnic makeup but match your results against everyone else who has taken the test and give you a list of who you are related to and how close the relationship is. We knew my father was Native American but nothing else despite years I spent working on family genealogy. Took the test, and within weeks I had gone back a couple hundred years in his family history.

Sounds like a great idea, but not with my DNA. I'll have my brother do it. Don't want my DNA on file anywhere. Call me paranoid, but nothing good can come from anyone having that info available! Too easy for law enforcement to get a warrant and try to pin some heinous crime on me...
 
Thank God, for the USA the grate melting pot of opportunity. But if anyone finds that white privilege thing do publish where and what detector you are using.

The only privilege I have found is being loved by God and born in the USA
 
Last edited:
[
If you want to find out "what you are" and even find a bunch of relatives, do a DNA test from Ancestry.com. They not only tell you your ethnic makeup but match your results against everyone else who has taken the test and give you a list of who you are related to and how close the relationship is. We knew my father was Native American but nothing else despite years I spent working on family genealogy. Took the test, and within weeks I had gone back a couple hundred years in his family history.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by FreeBirdTim
Sounds like a great idea, but not with my DNA. I'll have my brother do it. Don't want my DNA on file anywhere. Call me paranoid, but nothing good can come from anyone having that info available! Too easy for law enforcement to get a warrant and try to pin some heinous crime on me...

Yea I think the same thing after each episode of that commercial.

Not sure if this is a PA or National Thing.
But in many cases here if someone is charged with a crime they are forced to Submit to a DNA sample.

Ancestry is going a step forward and getting them from suckers/Innocents.
And putting that info in a Computer Base that can be Hacked/sold/confiscated
in today's world.

Not me
 
Last edited:
Not sure if this is a PA or National Thing.
But in many cases here if someone is charged with a crime they are forced to Submit to a DNA sample

Yup, great way to build a national DNA database. Charge everyone with petty crimes, grab their DNA and then let them go due to lack of evidence. In their eyes, the end justifies the means.

The problem with DNA is that my DNA is probably in a lot of places in my area. I think about all the metal detecting spots where I left my blood, spit, hair and so on at a location. What if someone was murdered at a baseball field where I had been the day before the crime was committed? If my DNA is easily accessible, it wouldn't be too hard for them to track me down and pin it on me.

This may sound ridiculous, but watch a few episodes of "The First 48". The cops run around like chickens with their heads cut off during the first 48 hours after a crime has been committed. They need to pin it on someone fast because the odds of catching the criminal are greatly reduced after 48 hours.

Everyone thinks the police are great, until they have you in their sights. I've been harassed way too many times in my life by the police for nothing. I've actually been asked to show ID three times over the past two years while I was standing in my own yard! Why? Because there was a recent robbery in my neighborhood and I guess I fit their profile. Not right, but they get away with it day after day, all in the name of "justice"...
 
ok my white side came here from England in 1685. A minister that got away from being told no your wrong. I am also Italian because of wine. :laughing7: The american native side happened in Iowa when great grandma 1889 was raped by a drunk man of native decent. I am thankfull but a little crazy. 8-)
Naw.... You're not crazy! You're just smart enough to not care what the rest of the herd thinks, so you have more time to do more things so the rest of the herd thinks you're half a bubble off.
 
Teacher asked her students their ethnic background. Little Johnny stood up and said "Irish, English and Indian. Teacher asks "Indian??, what tribe??. Johnny replied, "No tribe, just one waaaaandering Indian.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom