Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frigid temps and windy? Bundle up and let's go back to the park! Found a wheat, a silver whatzit, a couple buffs and a coin shape wrapped in electrical tape! I was so unreasonably excited about that! Had to wait. Couldn't unwrap with 2 pairs of gloves on! What could it be? A cool token? A silver dime? A gold coin that someone carried in secret? The suspense was killing me! I learned today that electrical tape was invented in 1946. Under 8 inches of black tape was a 1953 Jefferson nickel. Was fun anyway! Have a great next adventure!

Attachments

• 20230129_210151.jpg
    20230129_210151.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 15

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The silver piece could be a button off a brass instrument like a trumpet. I've seen those found near school grounds. Keep it up. Below freezing and a foot of snow for me now.

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The silver piece could be a button off a brass instrument like a trumpet. I've seen those found near school grounds. Keep it up. Below freezing and a foot of snow for me now.
Thank you so much!! You nailed it! Near a school and concerts in the park for decades! Thank you thank you!! I didn't think we would ever know what it was!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much!! You nailed it! Near a school and concerts in the park for decades! Thank you thank you!! I didn't think we would ever know what it was!
No problem Lenrac! My endless hours of watching YouTube has finally paid off!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frigid temps and windy? Bundle up and let's go back to the park! Found a wheat, a silver whatzit, a couple buffs and a coin shape wrapped in electrical tape! I was so unreasonably excited about that! Had to wait. Couldn't unwrap with 2 pairs of gloves on! What could it be? A cool token? A silver dime? A gold coin that someone carried in secret? The suspense was killing me! I learned today that electrical tape was invented in 1946. Under 8 inches of black tape was a 1953 Jefferson nickel. Was fun anyway! Have a great next adventure!
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

MD Ghost F75

Mar 27, 2022
Harford County, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve found these Sterling whatzits in the past at old homesites and what I think you have is the top piece of a collar stud. The post underneath usually corrodes or breaks off over time.

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve found these Sterling whatzits in the past at old homesites and what I think you have is the top piece of a collar stud. The post underneath usually corrodes or breaks off over time.
Thanks! Could be!!

OP
OP
L

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fun story. Sorry it turned out the way you were hoping. Next time for sure!
I hope so! We're 0/2 on our mystery finds! Dug up a small locked box once but only dirt inside. 😄

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread