who ever

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who ever
why all out detecting, broke there clevis on there detector. that's the part that the holes the loop to the shaft.
mine broke on Easter Sunday, had to return home and fix. that's the third one on my surf-master amphibious ll, so now what do you do make out of wood buy a new one .any info would be nice it seem that i tend to lean on it and after a why all, it gives way not fun to return home empty handed..if I just the length, it's to low to swing were it breaks is were it most com-fee to swing.but this time I ran it in the snow to clean I think that started it.

but when digging, I'm bent over the detector gets tilted and that put pressure on the clevis lucky that breaks and not one of the ears on the loop.....any help please.....
thanks in advance.....

liftloop

sent with window xp

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to post this question in the Metal detecting forum- Metal detecting, they talk about fixes and the like on detectors, prob more techie help there. Hope you find a good fix for it.

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks
Msbeepbeep

though that was the monitors job since they like to police this site...

liftloop

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
ducttape.jpeg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks
Msbeepbeep

though that was the monitors job since they like to police this site...

liftloop

They were busy gluing all the chairs back together from the political forum!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Liftloop, the same damn thing happen to my Xterra a few days ago. I had a six inch coil to use as a backup, while I try figure out how to fix mine. I thought I'd try a two part epoxy with a plastic washer added on to strengthen it, but I'll read up here before I try.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you're referringto the two raised ears on the coil that attaches to the lower rod, my stock elliptical coil broke not long ago.
One of the ears snapped off. I cut two right angle plastic pieces off something I had then cut the remnants of the original ears
with a razor ( why they're so flimsy in the first place is beyond me) then I attached the hpmemade brackets with nylon screws
( had to drill and tap) and 5-minute epoxy. Its strong now but wasn't easy. I;ve since bought a DD coil, but the fixed one is
still quite usable.

I'd beef-up the "ears" or clevis on any coil to prevent future breakage on any future coils. My new coil is much sturdier. good luck

OP
OP
L

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all the ideas
i did come up with such a system I'm wanting to market it. I would like to send some out to some people on this forum. I'm going to do a poor mans Paten before i send any out. it should revolutionized the way we look at our detectors and how it responds to the changing environment ...wish me luck
but first it's pizza day and all be busy all day with my firer brick oven serving the public from 5pm to 9 pm stop by fore some home made pizza pie....your all welcome....

liftloop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread