What's new

Who has the lowest US mintage coin in this forum?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
1,402
Reaction score
118
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to be gotten while CRH (means you got it at face value)

please specify the coin, date, and Mintage number

Lets see who wins

I will start but I am not competition

1.- 50C Kennedy Head 2003 P NIFC, Mintage 2,500,000
 
Upvote 0
This was from a long time ago, but I still remember it and the teller.

1899 Morgan Mintage 330,000

I also got an 1878 Morgan VAM 220 in the same batch.

I think Mountainman found a 21 Walker a while back which I think beats mine.
 
Didnt treasurefiend find a 1916 d merc. I know that is pretty low mintage. I may have found one but it is so work i cant make it out if it is an s or d.

Golden Silver
 
the lowest minted coin i have is a 1926 d wheat with 4.5 million which for me is great but for the rest on this forum its nothing special
 
I scored a 1920 MAINE CENTENNIAL Half.
Mintage 50,028
Some of these commemoratives have pretty low mintage so it wouldn't surprise me if someone has a lower one.

Maine_Jim
 
It was me that found the 1916d Mercury. What do I win? I finally got it back from PCGS last month and it was found to be a true 16d, not a fake. One dealer told me no one would even think about buying it unless it was proven real. He said there were about a million people wiith this coin in their collections, yet only 264,000 were minted. It ended up being graded AG03, so I was pretty happy.
HH
Gilbert
 
Sorry enamel, my memory sucks. Did not mean to steal your thunder. Your prize? Well...that is your 1916d my friend.

Golden Silver
 
i found a 2004-D extra leaf quarter, but im not sure if we're counting errors.
 
About two and a half years ago, I found a 1935 Connecticut Charter Oak Tercentenary half dollar at a bank in one of New York City's outer boroughs. Mintage: 25,018.
Back in 2006, I found an Israeli coin in a box of halves. It's thicker than a half dollar but a bit smaller in diameter. It turned out to be an .800 or .850 silver 1985 commemorative shekel. Mintage: around 9,500.

No prize needed. Finding these coins was a sufficient reward.
 
Just a couple weeks back, LJ posted her friend's Oregon Trail Half with low mintages I think in the 3000 range.
 
I found a 1947D Booker T Washington commemorative half...mintage on that was 6000. Other than that I haven't found anything with really low numbers.
 
1792 HALF Dime....Circulation strikes: estimated 1,500..............................



























Ok so this may not be true, =P.....i really found nothing of value so there
 
sadly my lowest mintage coin wasn't usa but rather jamaican (british made) a 1916 nickle big penny --only 24,000 made in 1916 * it was found in great shape in a coin shops 10 cent scrap box this year -- after 93 years how many of those 24,000 coins do you think are still out there? --- gave it as a gift to a freind who likes "rare" coins ---since sadly it was only worth a small bit of cash despite its "rarity"
 
whitesid said:
i found a 2004-D extra leaf quarter, but im not sure if we're counting errors.

1992-D Close AM penny....again depends on if we are counting errors....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom