What's new

Who is from IOWA? or on the border of IOWA?

MAINE HILLS HUNTER

Full Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2006
Messages
233
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Oxford Hills of Maine
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to find other hunters in IOWA or people that hunt in IOWA. Who are you and where you from.

I am from the Des Moines metro area.

Eric
 
Upvote 0
I,m from emmons,Mn which lies right on the border,it's an hour away from ames.
Brad
 
stud564 said:
im in algona which is 46 miles north of fort dodge.




Erik

Hey Erik: Wonder if the Bike Rally site up there is open to detectorists.

Lots of stuff gets taken off during that rally; maybe even jewelry :-[

I notice Sfinder is also from Ft. Dodge.

DFIU
aka Dick from IA
 
i have actually never thought about that before,dfiu. it is a LARGE site though so i will try to get permission to the place and if all goes well i could definetly use some help is you and sfinder would like come up
 
stud564 said:
i have actually never thought about that before,dfiu. it is a LARGE site though so i will try to get permission to the place and if all goes well i could definitely use some help is you and sfinder would like come up

Sounds super, Stud564!!

I may also have a connection for permission at the old biker rally site in Humboldt. I'd never thought of this till the Algona site came to mind :-\. I know the campground manager there at Sheldon Park; maybe he can help me out.

Dick
 
We got 4 detectorists in the entire state. That is awesome. That is a lot of finds for just us. Anybody from the Des Moines area? I highly doubt I am the only one on TNet.

Eric
 
I was born and raised in Ft. Dodge, now I live in Ft. Gibson, OK. I detected a few times out at Kennedy Lake, and some of the older farm houses out by Claire. I plan on going up there during Thanksgiving to visit family and let the kids get spoiled by their grandparents, if there isn't any snow on the ground, and anyone is up to it, I'd love to go swing the detector with any of you up there. Best, Jim
 
oh man. ia m gonna be out of town aswell. we always go to sac city to my granparents for turkey.
 
kid iowa said:
I was born and raised in Ft. Dodge, now I live in Ft. Gibson, OK. I detected a few times out at Kennedy Lake, and some of the older farm houses out by Claire. I plan on going up there during Thanksgiving to visit family and let the kids get spoiled by their grandparents, if there isn't any snow on the ground, and anyone is up to it, I'd love to go swing the detector with any of you up there. Best, Jim

As of right now I am game!
 
I'm from Fort Dodge.
sfinder-Prizm V user.
Steve
P.S. Went to the state fair today-wonder who the lucky soul is who gets to hunt the state fairgrounds?
 
lol
they must have a ton of good stuff at those grounds. on the travel channel the iowa state fair is one of the top ten destinations for sumtin. Its funny that its on their cause thats the only thing we have
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom