DiggerDave in Pa.
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jan 12, 2011
- Messages
- 499
- Reaction score
- 126
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Huntingdon County Pa.
- Detector(s) used
- Whites Spectrum XLT


jpyzowski said:Montana Jim said:Hey jpyzowski - I almost agree with you. Based on the date and duty marks however, I'm thinking 1785.
This is what I found...
Yep i think you are right.. After looking at it again i was looking at the wrong column.![]()
Thanks for the info. The big spoon is alot older than I thought. Do you think it would be worth getting repaired? I made a drawing of the mark on the small spoon. I just couldn't get a clear pic of the mark. I am always into going metal detecting. We need this snow cover to go away.Montana Jim said:
Tuberale said:Regarding the lower stamps: these may be upside down. One of the markings I read as "BI" not "84".


I wasn't either. I would rather have one of them under my loop!traderoftreasures said:I wasn't born with any one of those in my mouth