What's new

Who made this doll head?

DiggerDave in Pa.

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2011
Messages
499
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
Location
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
This is the doll head I dug from an old privy. Can anybody tell me who made it and when? Many thanks! DD.
 

Attachments

  • doll1.webp
    doll1.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 247
  • MVC-732F.webp
    MVC-732F.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 259
  • MVC-733F.webp
    MVC-733F.webp
    8 KB · Views: 250
Without checking in my doll books, it looks like an unpainted antique German Armand Marseille Floradora with teeth. It was probably made after 1891 because those prior to didn't have to be marked if they were imported from another county. Any cracks or chips? Great find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Without checking in my doll books, it looks like an unpainted antique German Armand Marseille with teeth. I do know it was made after 1891 because those prior to didn't have to be marked if they were imported from another county. Any cracks or chips? Great find, Breezie
Thanks Breezie, It is in great condition. The brown eyes were inside the head when I dug it. I have been very lucky digging doll heads over the years. This one doesn't look to be as well made as some of the others I have found. DD.
 
Upvote 0
I cant stop looking at it.....I'm going to have nightmares. :(
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom