What's new

who uses gloves at the beach?

syko

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2007
Messages
384
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Manticore
What kind of gloves do you use that are comfortable and last a while? I heard about canoe gloves and they seem like something
that would last since there's so much activity.
Just want to find something good to use.
 
Upvote 0
If you use a sand scoop there is no need for gloves at the beach. Just pick it right out of your scoop with your fingers.
 
I have been using glacier gloves from LL bean(2 or 3ml). Then I put a pair of thin leather work gloves over them the kind that are finger tipless. This has worked so far. When the g. gloves wear out I can take them back to LL bean and get a replacement for free! It's the Co. 100% satisfaction guaranty for life.
 
I wear only one glove over my rings on my left hand. It is just a cheap glove bought at Walmart so I won't lose my rings. When that one wears out I use the other one so they last a long time. ::)
 
I started using gloves at the beach this winter to keep warm, but ended up really liking the extra grip, sun protection and sharp object protection. Now I don't like to hunt with out them. I was using cotton gloves with latex dipped palms (3.99 at the depot), but the latex starts to break down quickly. I picked up a more expensive pair (12.99) in the lawn&garden section made of thin synthetic material and silicone palms. The silicon seems to be holding up much better than the latex so far. :coffee2:
 
I got a pair of these at Walmart. They are made by Wells Lamont. So far, I really like them. They keep the sun off of the back of my hands, help with gripping the scoop, and I don't get calluses on my scooping hand anymore.

Update 6/11/10:
The left hand glove now has a hole in it near the thumb. It turns out that these gloves are made of cotton. I like the style but will have to find some that are made of a sturdier material.
 

Attachments

  • glove1.webp
    glove1.webp
    18 KB · Views: 282
  • glove2.webp
    glove2.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 274
I am old and have built in gloves!
 
Lookn4seated said:
If you use a sand scoop there is no need for gloves at the beach. Just pick it right out of your scoop with your fingers.

That's exactly the problem... the scoop hand was getting a blister from dragging the scoop around.
Started dragging it by the rope I attached to it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom