What's new

Why am I no longer getting emails to subscribed threads?

TrpnBils

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
873
Reaction score
1,234
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never used to have this problem....

Just within the past month or so, I am no longer getting email notifications for activity in threads I subscribe to or start. I'm 100% sure I'm clicking the "Subscribe" button and choosing the "Instantly, using email" (or whatever it is) option just like I always have. I've checked my spam folder, I've checked that my email address in my account is correct, and it is.

Any ideas?
 
Several members have reported this, what is your email provider?

Ones admins have checked on shows email notifications being sent so it has to be their provider blocking them but I will check on yours.

Please let me know who your provider is...






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 
gmail, which is why I'm surprised there's a problem because normally that's pretty reliable
 
kind of funny....I checked my email this morning and had a notification for this thread's reply..... that's the first one in over a month
 
It appears that there is a possibility all the Older subscribed threads,
may have worn themselves out
tongue3.gif

I know of one other who got a notification on a new thread, But not on old ones.

in other words you may need to start re-subscribing.

you may also need to join in the conversation to have the notifications continue
dontknow.gif


Years ago Comcast declared TreasureNet Spam.
I had to contact their Email Provider & tell them I needed to receive my Notifications & they
un-blocked it. a Year later it happened again. & I had to call & complain again.

I would suggest this is a possibility, but being there are allot of different providers
listed as not receiving, unless there was a concentrated effort to block us , I'm not so sure.
Just listing it as a possibility in case someone wishes to ask their provider.
 
yeah i noticed that yesterday, i keep subscriptions to a few posts i'm interested to see the replies, but yesterday i noticed i wasn't getting anything even from threads that were a day old!
 
It appears that there is a possibility all the Older subscribed threads, may have worn themselves out
tongue3.gif
I know of one other who got a notification on a new thread, But not on old ones. in other words you may need to start re-subscribing. you may also need to join in the conversation to have the notifications continue
dontknow.gif
Years ago Comcast declared TreasureNet Spam. I had to contact their Email Provider & tell them I needed to receive my Notifications & they un-blocked it. a Year later it happened again. & I had to call & complain again. I would suggest this is a possibility, but being there are allot of different providers listed as not receiving, unless there was a concentrated effort to block us , I'm not so sure. Just listing it as a possibility in case someone wishes to ask their provider.

That would make sense, except all the ones I'm talking about not getting email replies from have been new threads that I've started within the past month. For example, I started one yesterday in the Coins forum right around when I posted this thread and am not getting emails about that one (or this one anymore beyond the first email).
 
I too no longer get email updates on subscribed threads - no matter whether they are recent or old. I do receive notice of PMs.

It's neither my server or mail program. I own the server and have granular control of my email.

I can live without it but I have to keep track myself of which threads I'm watching. I've missed a few replies but that's life. It would be nice to regain this feature but if not I'm still grateful for the free forum services supplied by our hosts.
 
I've been using the "Find recent threads started by this user" link in my profile to keep track
 
to members not getting emails to subscribed threads

reply to a couple of those subscribed threads again

and see if you get notifications now
[h=2][/h]
 
Nope
 
Hey I got one! Just one but it did come through. Not on this thread though. :sadsmiley:
 
I am not getting email notification either, One was started yesterday.
I double checked I did it right.
As for one possible fix/explanation...to check with my ISP, I'm quite certain it is not that as my provider didn't bother to block over 100 spam a day I was getting from one certain domain ? Also as the "problem" seems well spread around is another clue it is probably not our internet providers ?

Hope someone figures it out.
 
I'm having this issue as well. Gmail is the provider, and it doesn't seem to matter if the thread is old or new, I get no emails. Has been going on for about a month.
 
The problem goes on.

I did get two emails on one thread when a moderator posted but no other emails when other members post.

Doesn't change when threads are unsubscribed and then subscribed to again.

New thread subscriptions don't get email notices.

New threads started by myself don't get email notices.

For others with this problem I have resorted to keeping a bookmark of the subscriptions in my own profile pages. New posts are updated and highlighted there.

Hope that helps.
 
I was about to ask the same question, as a newbie to this forum, I just assumed whenever someone commented on any post that I also had commented on, I would either get email notification or something under notifications on the forum but nada so far.
 
For the record I got,
no notification of reply # 16 on the 23rd
no notification of reply # 17

but I did just get notified of this latest reply.
Again proving it is not my provider ? Strange indeed.
 
The problem goes on.

I did get two emails on one thread when a moderator posted but no other emails when other members post.

That's a really good point....the only email I've received on any thread in the past several months was on this thread.....when a moderator posted, although it was just once.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom