What's new

Why couldnt it have been ME?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Why couldn't it have been ME?

Walked into a BOA branch in the outskirts, during part of my little road trip, where the plan was to at least pay for gas. Two tellers there around lunchtime and one was bagging rolled coin to be sent out. I asked for halves and dimes, only had dimes...I bought $500 in customer rolled, teller seemed to know of my intentions.
Yeah, he says, was bagging quarters recently, and cracked open two solid silver rolls. He "took 'em home and threw 'em in a drawer".
I offered 10 x face on 'em but received no reply.
Oh well, scored 4 rosies, 1 '61 candian, and 3 40% 'ers
I drive a V-8 ford pickup so, needless to say, I didn't pay for gas today. Just more for the pile, lol! FFD
 
Upvote 0
Re: Why couldn't it have been ME?

i get stories like that all the time from tellers, i think some of them just like to see your reaction. when 1 tells me a story like that i always offer to buy them too.
 
Re: Why couldn't it have been ME?

Maybe it will be you next time. I have never really searched quarters though. My wife did pull one from circulation earlier this month though.
 
Re: Why couldn't it have been ME?

Nice job on the dimes! You said you got three 40%ers. Where did you score those?

HH
Gilbert
 
Re: Why couldn't it have been ME?

enamel7 said:
Nice job on the dimes! You said you got three 40%ers. Where did you score those?

HH
Gilbert
Three 40% were from loose halves I picked up along the way. Teller at BOA cracked me up, I was a little impatient with her, as I saw a silver rim on a stack of halves in her tray...she asked me what I was looking for, I said, "oh, mint errors, old ones and such".
She procedes to look at each and every coin spread out on the counter..."1971, 1974,....oh, this one looks different from the rest"....I say, "yes, thats what I'm looking for!"
Thought i'd never get outa there! Only bought 4 halves to get the one silver, wow!, what a lot of work!
 
Re: Why couldn't it have been ME?

Try as we might - we can't get them all..... :icon_pirat:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom