Why has value of gold, silver, platinum etc price gone down so far the past days

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
The IMF announced they would sell 403 tons of gold. That'll do it for a bit.

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
Jeffro said:
The IMF announced they would sell 403 tons of gold. That'll do it for a bit. The IMF gold was not sold into the open market! The IMF gold was sold to the government of China at a good discount. The IMF gold was placed into China's gold reserve.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
goldsworthy said:
Jeffro said:
The IMF announced they would sell 403 tons of gold. That'll do it for a bit. The IMF gold was not sold into the open market! The IMF gold was sold to the government of China at a good discount. The IMF gold was placed into China's gold reserve.

Do you have any links that say China bought that gold? I have read articles that speculate China will buy it, but have not seen anything that says it has been verified.

Jim

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well never mind. Now that I look at the other side of my question I see. I would buy it too if I was the world's #1 producer to make the price go up.....

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
If it goes down then I'll buy before it goes back up. The dollar will fail to exist someday and I will be holding on to precious metals at that time. The back of the all might dollar says "In God We Trust" all others pay cash. Precious metals will have value when the dollar fails.

Don't get caught with your fanny hanging out in the wind. Have something of value in your possession, precious metals, real estate, economic survival skills.

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
Has it realy "gone down?" Metal Bid Ask
Gold $1,056.50 $1,057.50 13.10
Silver $17.77 $17.82 0.31
Platinum $1,336.00 $1,346.00 19.30
Palladium $315.00 $320.00 5.00

Updated:10/8/2009 4:01:44 AM CST

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
china is turning its US treasury bonds it holds paid off by near worthless greenbacks into gold flooding the world exchange market with US dollars which will lessen the demand for us money on the world exchange markets --driving the dollar down and gold up --its fiscal warfare 101 --asian motto --"bussiness is WAR"

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
My friends and family thought I was nuts for taking 45% of my life savings and buying gold and silver (THEY ARNT LAUGHING ANYMORE!). The trick now is to sell it all when the GOLD MANIA price top occurs. Then its off on a long and restful Princes cruise! I figure I will have to go on that cruise to make it hard for my family and friends to contact me to borrow money! LOL

goldsworthy

Aug 2, 2009
Tonight on eBay a number of the auctions I have been following have been bid up to foolish levels. Common 10 ounce silver bars that usually sell about for $1 an ounce over spot selling for a $2.50 premium over spot. Common post 1982 mint $5 gold commemoratives that usually sell for 4%-6% over melt were selling for up to 15% over melt. Perhaps some new buyers are rushing out to get their PMs. >>I have seen some exuberant bidding tonight. A 1986 $5 gold commemorative (Statue of Liberty) worth about $255 melt sold for $304.45 ($298.45 plus $6 shipping). A few other common $5 gold commemoratives were bid way beyond normal premiums. Perhaps some folks really had to get their first gold coin.
I have been checking the news acrossed the country and the gold price rise is showing up in them BIG TIME! (THE MAINIA BEGINS)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread