What's new

Why I carry a metal detector in the truck. Gold rings!

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
1,147
Reaction score
2,376
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Edit: No longer maintaining post
 
Last edited:
Upvote 88
Congrats on the gold.
 
th (60).webp
 

Attachments

  • th (54).webp
    th (54).webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 93
What Detector did you use ???
 
It's my second but still is life changing! Plus at work there is a ghost town at the plant I work at! Still... that gold is appealing haha.
 
Wow, that's a real beauty! I also saw your numbers. You need to change your handle to "RingKing"! :headbang:
 
Love the Gold Skippy! And one Heck if a Year!!
 
How did you convince your wife to not like gold I need your secret.LOL My wife smells the gold before I make it in the house LOL.
 
Thanks, OBN. :) it's been incredible. 21 gold items found, and only one at a beach. LOL

What's your tally, for the year?

Skippy
So far 103 gold rings and maybe a few more I hope by years end. I've started scouting for new places last week for 2017.

That's an Amazing count for Gold found on land! In the few years I hunted the land... not once did I ever find gold of any kind..
 
Last edited:
Congrats on the gold! Nothing better than multi tasking and killing two birds with one stone!
 
That is a nice one! Congrats!
 
Yeah, I'm really shooting for 20 this year... I'm >< close! Of course, I've cleared 20 gold items, so if I can't find that last ring, I'll just tell myself that 22K 8.35g gold bangle was just a big ring. :)

I'll spend the next couple days hitting some schools hard... Hoping for the best!

---- I just love your counts, though. They're so inspiring. Makes me want to move to a place that has water that can be hunted..> of course, next year, I might discover a whole new treasure trove in the river that comes through town. I've seen a lot of "Lost while tubing" notices on craigslist I'm sure there's hundreds, if not thousands of rings in the 5 mile stretch that people tube... it'll just be getting out there and figuring out how to do water..

Cheers!

Skippy


How do you have the patience to dig those pull tabs and aluminum. That's probably why I only got 2 rings this year. I hate finding endless junk. I don't think it's my location choice though
 
Last edited:
Gold filling? I mean you were filling time and found gold! Awesome! Doesn't get better than that! H Dental!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom