What's new

21K gold ring wading

mike b

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2012
Messages
538
Reaction score
2,867
Golden Thread
0
Location
STATEN ISLAND NY
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First day out in a while and decided to go to a nearby beach where Ive only found one piece of gold in the last 15 years, but I always try to go and try after the 4th and Memorial Day. Up to my chest in water and came up with this 21K 4 Gram bent ring (I didn't bend it). Nice ring, nice karat.
 

Attachments

  • 21K.webp
    21K.webp
    50.8 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 32
is it marked or did you have it tested? Perhaps it's the lighting, but it doesn't look a deep enough yellow to be that high karat. Don't take it wrong, I'm not putting your find down at all, I'm just curious how it was determined to be 21k. It's a great find!
 
is it marked or did you have it tested? Perhaps it's the lighting, but it doesn't look a deep enough yellow to be that high karat. Don't take it wrong, I'm not putting your find down at all, I'm just curious how it was determined to be 21k. It's a great find!
I don't know why the picture came out that bad but it's much better than the picture. It is clearly marked 21K. I'll try again.
 
is it marked or did you have it tested? Perhaps it's the lighting, but it doesn't look a deep enough yellow to be that high karat. Don't take it wrong, I'm not putting your find down at all, I'm just curious how it was determined to be 21k. It's a great find!
Hope this is better
 

Attachments

  • RING.webp
    RING.webp
    140.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 21K Mark.webp
    21K Mark.webp
    343.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Bent.webp
    Bent.webp
    75.5 KB · Views: 80
It might be artesian ring made by a jeweler artist, which is why the 21K. But beautiful ring and well worth the coin to take it to have it repaired.
 
Hope this is better
much better pics. That's a nice looking ring. Any jeweler should be able to fix the bend by rounding it back out on a mandrel in just a few seconds. At current gold price, 4 grams of 21k is worth 463 bucks.
 
Typical 21 or 22k are alloyed with silver to harden it. Be careful not to break it if you try to straighten it. That’s a nice enough ring to pay a jeweler to fix it.
 
Outstanding
Congratulations on your success
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom