GuerillaBill
Full Member
- Joined
- Feb 12, 2008
- Messages
- 247
- Reaction score
- 27
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Venice, Florida
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
Last year, I did most of my beach detecting in the early morning.
I'd get up before dawn, suit up, and hit the beaches - hoping to be the first guy with a detector on the beach that day.
That worked out pretty well, but getting up before dawn got old pretty quickly.
This year, I hit the beaches about two hours before sunset, right as the beach goers pack up and head home.
This has three major advantages:
1. I get a chance at the fresh drops for the day - plus I can still easily find the towel marks and this lets me know where to hunt
2. I don't have to get up before dawn
3. And I get to see some pretty spectacular sunsets, like the one below.
On cooler winter days, I'm often the only person on the beach by the time the sun goes down - which means wide open hunting grounds, no tourists asking questions, and no trouble finding my car in the parking lot when I leave.
Bill
I'd get up before dawn, suit up, and hit the beaches - hoping to be the first guy with a detector on the beach that day.
That worked out pretty well, but getting up before dawn got old pretty quickly.
This year, I hit the beaches about two hours before sunset, right as the beach goers pack up and head home.
This has three major advantages:
1. I get a chance at the fresh drops for the day - plus I can still easily find the towel marks and this lets me know where to hunt
2. I don't have to get up before dawn
3. And I get to see some pretty spectacular sunsets, like the one below.
On cooler winter days, I'm often the only person on the beach by the time the sun goes down - which means wide open hunting grounds, no tourists asking questions, and no trouble finding my car in the parking lot when I leave.
Bill
Upvote
0
.
RR
When they left the walkway and started to follow him is when he angled off toward a resort that had some people milling around. I always hunt with a buddy and carry a long handled SS scoop. 







