What's new

Why no Photos of dowsing finds of treasure..

Bahama Jim

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
21
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
minelab Excaliber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why no Photo's of dowsing finds of treasure..

There are many people that read this forum often and many are" Big Brother' who wants to be sure you give the Government their fair share, and will track you. Its just the world we live in, If someone posts photos of found treasures, on land or water, they must be guarded, many pirates and IRS what to know who you are, where you are, where you found it and how much did you find.

Even on unusual finds, people are carious when you find it, not all want to descend on your hunting grounds, but some might if they know where it is. I do use a dowsing methods in my search, if it did not work I would have stopped doing it long ago. If I should ever recover a large treasure, I would not post it, or photos. Having said that, I do enjoy seeing coins and artifacts displayed on this site, but it would be foolish to post great finds of treasure of this site.

I really like seeing the old coins and artifact photos on this site, I am keenly interested in history artifacts.
 
In answer to your curious question, "Why no photo's of dowsing finds or treasure?"

That question has been bandied about on Treasure Net for ages, to no avail.

You will note that nowhere on TN will you find photo's of such finds, and possibly most dowsers, like you, have the same attitude about
your finds. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

And then maybe, the more common camera used to photograph a dowsed find, wouldn't show an image on a normal negative.

Whose to know?
 
And then maybe, the more common camera used to photograph a dowsed find, wouldn't show an image on a normal negative.
Most cameras use cards...No negative....My camera takes good photo’s of my finds. What I do with them is my decision and I do not post a photo of anything that I do not have at this time
...Art
 
Last edited:
I think it is because not many people could be bothered to dig the area that has been dowsed for them
 
I know of someone recently, who came back to delete not only maps, but the entire thread when the dowsing was successful. But you can't blame them because they were getting PMs about the location and the coarse native gold found checking out the dowsed areas.

Then you have those who send PMs when the sites marked turned out to be good hunting or even 2-3 (or more) old foundations previously unknown to them with plenty of silver id beeps on the metal detector.

Often finds are only mentioned in comments without photos, but we've seen a few good find pics here.

Sometimes the dowsed locations never get checked out or the maps were being saved up for when they retire, hoping to be able then to have enough time to hunt the sites.
 
Last edited:
"I really like seeing the old coins and artifact photos on this site, I am keenly interested in history artifacts."

I've tried posting non-metallic artifact finds on here at different times, but can't seem to get comments on them. Here is one from late fall before freeze up. I was checking to see if I'd posted this Indian artifact....can't find it anywhere. It was cool this year for so long, haven't had time yet to go look for more (we own the property).
 

Attachments

  • Indianpendant1.webp
    Indianpendant1.webp
    212 KB · Views: 116
  • Indianpendan2.webp
    Indianpendan2.webp
    204.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Indianpendan4.webp
    Indianpendan4.webp
    187.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Indianpendant3.webp
    Indianpendant3.webp
    155.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Indianpendant5.webp
    Indianpendant5.webp
    189.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
It was carved out of a natural Holey Stone and has Buffalo skull top right corner, top left a beak or claw (depending on how you look at it). Together the 2 top carvings become (possibly a strip of buckskin beaded between) a hawk symbol, I believe this belt buckle size artifact probably had been decorated with buckskin to be worn as a pendent.
 

Attachments

  • hawk.webp
    hawk.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Sometimes the dowsed locations never get checked out or the maps were being saved up for when they retire, hoping to be able then to have enough time to hunt the sites.
I like to plan my trips. I do not like to go a hundred miles unless I have at least 3 spots to check out. Sometimes it takes a long time to find 3 spots. I have a gentleman from NYC. He sends me maps in the winter. He takes 3 weeks every summer and goes to New Mexico to hunt. Later I get a full report from him. He is happy and I am happy
...Art
 
Last edited:
I like to plan my trips. I do not like to go a hundred miles unless I have at least 3 spots to check out. Sometimes it takes a long time to find 3 spots. I have a gentleman from NYC. He sends me maps in the winter. He takes 3 weeks every summer and goes to New Mexico to hunt. Later I get a full report from him. He is happy and I am happy
...Art
I've had treasure hunters from other countries go out to check everything and in all kinds of weather including snow. They keep on finding sites especially the caves, tunnels, old gold mine sealed entrances, etc.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom