What's new

Why your detector wont work at salt water beaches.

Sandman

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
13,408
Reaction score
3,997
Golden Thread
0
Location
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

There are a zillion posts on here about the capabilities of someones pet detector not working well at salt water beaches and only a few seem to understand why. Perhaps everyone should read this by Eric Foster. http://www.treasurelore.com/florida/detector_info.htm
 
Upvote 0
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

Dennis,Thank you for the indepth article,clears up a lot for me!!!I'll use it in PuertoRico next month!! God Bless Chris
 
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

Sandman, thank you for posting this excellent, clearly written article.

Lorraine
 
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

;D Thanks Lorraine....The guys are still looking up the big words. :laughing7:
 
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

Very good article. If anyone didnt know Eric Foster is an expert in the workings of metal detectors, and probably the worlds best expert in pulse induction detectors - PIs, and builds and designs some of the best ones.
 
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

I hear though the grapevine that Eric prefers a CZ-20/21 for beach hunting.
 
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

Excellent post Sandman...Eric, One of the Old Masters for sure...



EZ
I hear though the grapevine that Eric prefers a CZ-20/21 for beach hunting.

Got this from one of Eric's close friends...
You get the chance, test a Fisher CZ, and turn the audio boost all the way up.
Eric Foster hunts at the beach and inland with a CZ20. Have you tried any noise canceling headphones? I wonder if what I am thinking about even exist, Noise is 90 degrees out of phase with sound, so getting rid of ground noise or electrical interference would open up a whole new world for you.
{ What I'm talking about is a passive filter-like the rumble filter used on turntables in stereos.}
Talk to Prospector Al who is building a DISCRIMINATING P.I. [I'll send his address]
PS: You do know the ML P.I. units are poorly made reverse engineered copies of some of Eric's older designs.
 
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

Great info.Sandman!Thanks
 
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

Thanks for the article I Bookmarked it to refer to Later!!! Chug
 
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

Great link! I'm going to need some time to read through all of that. :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Why your detector won't work at salt water beaches.

:icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom