What's new

Wicked looking!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this large bullet looking thing detecting down by the river. It is heavy, solid brass and is 2 3/8" long and 1/2" wide with grooves down toward the base. It sure looks wicked.

I measured it in mm...it is 13mm wide and 59mm long

Anyone?
 

Attachments

  • 100_6209.webp
    100_6209.webp
    5.4 KB · Views: 567
I don't know what caliber it is, but it is a bullet.
 
Upvote 0
Correctamundo... .50-caliber Full Metal Jacket ...for .50 machinegun. The specimen in the photo has been fired, as evidenced by the rifling-grooves on its sides.
 
Upvote 0
Hmm, interesting. Not your ordinary deer rifle bullet then I take it. :o

Thanks all for the ID!
 
Upvote 0
.50 BMG "Browning Machine Gun" :notworthy: My Military friends :icon_salut: all call it BFG "Big F$@#*%g Gun" :laughing9:
 

Attachments

  • BMG .50.webp
    BMG .50.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0
Never having shot anything larger than a 12 GA. shotgun OR .357 magnum, I can only imagine the mayhem this baby can inflict!
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Never having shot anything larger than a 12 GA. shotgun OR .357 magnum, I can only imagine the mayhem this baby can inflict!

For those that never used a BFG, the show "Fact or Faked" (that was just on) had a demo of what it's like to shoot one. Multiple rounds at a weather balloon. :icon_thumleft:

Depending upon the model, rate of fire was 450-1,200 rpm or more, with a maximum range of 4.55 miles and a maximum effective range of 1.2 miles. The gun and tripod weigh over 125 pounds; still, better than being the one on the receiving end. :o Is there anyone down range? :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
I have shot one! one single round, and the percussion from the blast knocked the breath outta me!!! I gave it up :laughing9:
At night they had tracers mixed in :headbang: the fire out the muzzle and the red tracers and the stuff blowing up down range was beautiful :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
.50 for sure. I would have to say I did enjoy using Mark 19 grenade launcher, when i was in basic... BOOM BOOM BOOM

:laughing9: :headbang: :laughing9: :headbang: :laughing9: :headbang: :laughing9: :headbang: :laughing9: :headbang: :laughing9:

PTM
 
Upvote 0
I have shot many of them,yes very effective devastating round,especially in Sniper Capacity.My Barret doesnt kick like one would think,but it runs about $5 a round
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom