What's new

Wide AMs

FunWithTreasure

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
783
Reaction score
347
Golden Thread
0
Wide AM's

Well I have been looking at every 98 99 00 And Recently 96 penny that I find in a box hoping to see one of the wide ones one day. Well today was the day not only did I find one I found three. 2 1998 and 1 2000. Finnaly only took a billion pennies...lol

fjl0t0.jpg


v2xztg.jpg


egra68.jpg


10xeuu1.jpg


33cbrib.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Re: Wide AM's

Nice finds! i need to keep my eyes peeled for these guys!

HH
 
Re: Wide AM's

FunWithTreasure said:
Well I have been looking at every 98 99 00 And Recently 96 penny that I find in a box hoping to see one of the wide ones one day. Well today was the day not only did I find one I found three. 2 1998 and 1 2000. Finnaly only took a billion pennies...lol

So I guess Iam a little slow....but what are "the wide ones"

ThX, Purrdee
 
Re: Wide AM's

what is the difference? any value?
 
Re: Wide AM's

i usually don't have the time to check for varieties but you convinced me to make time :thumbsup:
 
Re: Wide AM's

Congrats.....I hear the 99 is hardest to find.
 
Re: Wide AM's

I really don't see any significance with these wide AM's. I don't have time to be checking for little things such as these. So you can have all of my dumps lol.
 
Re: Wide AM's

The 2000 isn't worth a whole lot. 5-10$ in unc. The 1998 is worth say twice the 2000.

The 1999 is worth hundreds according to the red book

Considering there is only one known 1996.... I am guessing it is worth big bucks. I would assume there is a 97 one too since there seems to be a trend, but one hasn't been found yet.

-SWUSC

I have 2 -98s, 1-00, 0-99, 0-96
 
Re: Wide AM's

I have found 13 of the '98s and only 3 of the '00s. Even thought the 98's are rarer I have found them easier. After the '96 was found they are saying to check all the Pennsylvania minted pennies from 93 to 00. '93 was the first year they used the closed AM.

Semper Fi
 
Re: Wide AM's

Hi all!
I have found the same thing.Maybe 10 of the 2000s and over a roll of the 98. I didn't know about the 96. When was it discovered?
 
Re: Wide AM's

WTG on the wide AMs. Haven't found any yet but I havent had the time to go through the 2000s in my first penny box. No luck in the 1990s.
As more and more coin collecters start searching for this variety I wouldn't be suprised if there aren't some found from every year 1993 to 2000. If the companies that make coin folders and albums add this variety I suspect they'll rise in value as long as the population remains low to the number of people that need them for their albums.
Just my opinion.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom