Wife got made at me today

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the wife found out today why she always finds silver and I dont when we go through a box. I normally cut the rolls open and quickly look and if I see silver I place that roll in front of her while I continue on. So today like other days she found all the silver :laughing7: hahaha. so she says " man you havent been finding any lately babe", then the light bulb clicked on and she figured it out. She said it was like I hooked a fish by hand and threw it out for her to reel it in. She said next box I can cut the rolls but I cant look. :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: We are very competitive hahaha.

Todays box totals

1964 x 3 enders 1x64 and 1x68
66-69 x 8
total: 11

Upvote 0

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, I used to do that with my wife when I came across an ender. She got wise to it and threw the last roll back at me! :laughing7:

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Gotta have help searching and carrying those heavy bags back to the bank !

Be careful, or she will start talking about "MY" silver !

Keep on Rollin' !

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
. . . Be careful, or she will start talking about "MY" silver !

Keep on Rollin' !

When I CRH with my kids (5, 6 yr), I weigh the rolls ahead of time and divide up the rich rolls for them each to open. They find all of the Ag and I find none. The only problem is that they keep the ones they find. They both have respectable piles.

OP
OP
smitty58d

smitty58d

Feb 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After we finished the box she asked if the bank had any more so I called and they said no the other guy came and got his box. We normally have a box on Fri and Tues but I have expanded out to another bank and should have another box to add to the weekly totals. She is now able to pick them out by edge searhing but still likes to look at the dates. I am thinking about searching dimes in the near future, always enjoy reading everyones posts on dimes. While dumping coins I normally find alot of canadian money on the magnet trap and recently picked up a 1968 quarter and a 1968 dime ( 50% silver right?)
HH and thanks for the replies

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If the coins stuck to the magnet then they're not silver :( Some of the Canadians from 68 are silver and some are not.
I went through a box of dimes today and pulled 3 silver dimes. 1946, 1952, and 1952D

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I CRH with my kids (5, 6 yr), I weigh the rolls ahead of time and divide up the rich rolls for them each to open. They find all of the Ag and I find none. The only problem is that they keep the ones they find. They both have respectable piles.

Madwest got a question for ya. The teller at the bank told me yesterday that a guy comes in and gets a box of halfs. She said he don't open the rolls and brings them back. Question is can you find one 40% in a roll and what is the cost of scales? Thanks

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I still open all of the rolls. I only pre-weigh them to stack the deck for my kids. I do find 40%'ers in rolls that don't weigh heavy.

Having a decent scale is useful for many things in this hobby. I bought mine from Harbor Freight ( Gram Scale - 1000 Gram Digital Scale ). With the 20% coupon for in-store, it was $10.

There have been a number of posts around here about weighing rolls. Try searching about it and you can get some different opinions on it.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If the coins stuck to the magnet then they're not silver :( Some of the Canadians from 68 are silver and some are not.
I went through a box of dimes today and pulled 3 silver dimes. 1946, 1952, and 1952D

Yup, 1968 can be either silver or nickel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions