Will Tesoro release a new machine for 2017?

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mojave looks like a Compadre they added a couple of gimmicks to.

I'll wait for some tests on depth before I think it's something new.

The Compadre has likely been Tesoro's most sucessful detector to date. It hasn't been intended as one of their "pro" models, though in experienced (or amateur) hands, it's a very capable unit.
What's wrong with a souped-up, even more capable Compadre, that just happens to be a great value as well? The "gimicks" add functionality, like ability to swap coils, adjust ground balance (somewhat) and control sensitivity. Those are all features which some enthusiasts have been wanting on Compadre, and many have been (poorly) modified to have. Now you can have all of those mods, and still enjoy Tesoro's great warranty. Awesome!

Folks, don't forget that this new Mojave is the super-Compadre many have wanted. It is also an extremely good value, but still one of their more basic machines. I suspect that very soon, we'll all be recommending Mojave as the best beginner unit out there!

Prediction: more great Tesoros yet to come...:icon_cyclops_ani:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
The Compadre has likely been Tesoro's most sucessful detector to date. It hasn't been intended as one of their "pro" models, though in experienced (or amateur) hands, it's a very capable unit.
What's wrong with a souped-up, even more capable Compadre, that just happens to be a great value as well? The "gimicks" add functionality, like ability to swap coils, adjust ground balance (somewhat) and control sensitivity. Those are all features which some enthusiasts have been wanting on Compadre, and many have been (poorly) modified to have. Now you can have all of those mods, and still enjoy Tesoro's great warranty. Awesome!

Folks, don't forget that this new Mojave is the super-Compadre many have wanted. It is also an extremely good value, but still one of their more basic machines. I suspect that very soon, we'll all be recommending Mojave as the best beginner unit out there!

Prediction: more great Tesoros yet to come...:icon_cyclops_ani:

Wish I could double "like" this post! You said it very well Pinenut.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
That is a nice little machine.

I have been looking for a 'trunk rider' since I do not like my CTX to be bounced around, and I am looking to the Cibola or Vaquero.

Maybe this is the unit for me.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I preferred a more expenses detector with more features that will go deeper. Good hunting and good luck.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a nice little machine.

I have been looking for a 'trunk rider' since I do not like my CTX to be bounced around, and I am looking to the Cibola or Vaquero.

Maybe this is the unit for me.

Yep I got thinking about this when I seen this I like what you said a 'trunk rider' I am looking for a ~300.00 range Tesoro detector when I am out fishing for part of the day in the morning and then in the afternoon when it gets hot at high noon to 5pm if I did decide go out fishing again I have that time in the day in the afternoon when they are not bitting pull up shore and go detecting. I won't have to worry about it getting hot in the trunk so should be fine. :icon_thumright:

Regards

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I installed rain guards on my SUV so I can keep all four windows cracked around an inch and a half during the Summer months to keep the vehicle from becoming an oven. Not only does it help protect my detectors, it's way more comfortable for me as well.

With the deep tinting on the rain guards no one knows that my windows are cracked and I don't have to worry about a rain either. It's the best investment that I ever made and they were super easy to install. I bought Weathertech rain guards off of Amazon.

Also I try to park in a shady area when available. Leaving your detector in a vehicle with the windows up while parked in direct sunlight during the hot summer months isn't a good idea. It will eventually take its toll on the electronics.

tabman

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Tesoro doesn't make it, maybe Rusty and Pentechnic can keep something running. Interesting outfit in the UK....

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At last, Tesoro came out with a new detector, call Mojave, and should have it by this Friday. Good hunting and good luck.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely... it will be called the Tesoro Placēbō :laughing7:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I do not think they will ever come out with a "new" detector. Maybe the same detector with different stickers, knobs and switches? They know their niche and seem to be sticking with what works for them.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"They know their niche and seem to be sticking with what works for them."

Seems like good business sense to me. Everybody and their uncle are making TID detectors these days. US, Turkey, Russia, Bulgaria, Poland. But not too many making really good beep and dig machines. That market is pretty narrow.

jabin

Apr 5, 2003
A lot of machines carry the same board in them but a knob has been changed or the color changes and the machine given a new name. Don't see a whole lot in the future for Tesoro, but they are priced right and work good,

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many ways can you sell pixie dust using the phase and amplitude change of the received signal created by its own transmitter?

More power, better coils, or better receivers and processing is the future. I dont need a display and preprogrammed memory cards for different tones for each degree of change in phase.

I can give you several things that the latest $1000 detector will tell you it's a quarter at four inches whether it is or not.

Car manufacturers have led the way by changing models every year, brainwashing the masses into new equals better.

Garrett to the greatest extent has successfully convinced newbies that their products will tell you what it is before you dig. From my experience, the weatherman is more accurate than a display metal detector. Of course most consumers aren't engineers, so pixie dust sells.

Last edited:

fltacoma

Mar 6, 2014
shreveport, la
Detector(s) used
All current Tesoro Metal Detectors including Bandido II Umax and Silver Sabre Umax. In other words, way too many Tesoro's lol
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve has a point....

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve has a point....

Its a little more complicated than that, but the fundamental science hasnt changed since I think it was Bell who threw one together to find the bullet in President Garfield. He failed, supposedly the doctors wouldnt move Garfield off the bed of metal he was on.

Fascinating stuff.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro is going to be super busy for a good while keeping up with demand for their newly released detector, the Mojave. It's hot and it's a 'classic'. Tesoro's business model is on target with what it wants to do. I can appreciate that as a retired business owner.

I just saw this on eBay.

Tesoro MOJAVE Metal Detector LIFETIME WARRANTY PRE-ORDER!

NEW MODEL! Expected Shipment Date is April 1-5th, 2017 or before! Currently sold out at manufacturer!

tabman

Last edited:

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
How many ways can you sell pixie dust using the phase and amplitude change of the received signal created by its own transmitter?

More power, better coils, or better receivers and processing is the future. I dont need a display and preprogrammed memory cards for different tones for each degree of change in phase.

I can give you several things that the latest $1000 detector will tell you it's a quarter at four inches whether it is or not.

Car manufacturers have led the way by changing models every year, brainwashing the masses into new equals better.

Garrett to the greatest extent has successfully convinced newbies that their products will tell you what it is before you dig. From my experience, the weatherman is more accurate than a display metal detector. Of course most consumers aren't engineers, so pixie dust sells.

I am one of those guys who WANTS the older stuff (switches and nobs) maybe adjusted or presented in a different format. For example, take the now out of production and hard to find Tesoro Pantera. Not sure we need the notch accept/reject aspect (but some may want it as an option), but that adjustable tone break feature is what I am looking for. Put these features in the micromax housing (or Tejon/Deleon housing if that is what it takes), with Vaquero depth, and ANY of the outstanding Tesoro disc circuits, and that would be a NEW detector as far as I am concerned. I know, I know, many will grumble that it would just be a repackaged Pentara... well so what!

I don't own a Mojave (yet!), but this is kinda what they did with it. Took the Compadre, added sensitivity and the GB high mineral switch (something not altogether new, but different), with a newly designed 7 inch concentric coil, and the ability to change coils... and what do you have? A great combination in a simple and very affordable detector.

Can't wait to see what Tesoro has up their sleeve next, but I am hoping for that adjustable tone-break. In the mean time, come April, I will pick up that Mojave... or use my Golden micromax... or buy a Black Vaquero... or do all three!!! This is such a great hobby, and Tesoro makes it so much fun AND affordable. :occasion14:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im betting its a Silver Umax with a new coil, gb switch, and moved 2khz.

Somebody open up their Mojave and see, plenty of Compadre and other board pics online.
:dontknow:

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever they do at least we won't have to worry about a new firmware download making it crash.

Noah

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread